Nvidia GTX680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I bought a "TP Link TL-WDN4800" card and put it in my hackintosh. I've been told this card is working out of the box. Well, I can connect to a wifi network, can even load a page, but really just sometimes, like never ;). In 99% I can't load any pages, hangs on pageload.

Any advices would be really appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
Jan

I just integrated the TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter into my existing CustoMac Mini setup - and it appears that the only issue I have is needing to turn off, then turn back on the wifi before I am able to get it work after bootup...

In other words once I switch off the computer, I have to manually reset the wifi before being able to get back on my wifi network...

Would the fact that I was previously using my ethernet port have anything to do with this?

Yes it is, try going into your router and changing the channel your wifi is transmitting on and see if that makes it all kick in.

Aye, I'll give that a try and let you know if it worked for me :) Thx.

Yes it is, try going into your router and changing the channel your wifi is transmitting on and see if that makes it all kick in.

I switched the channel 3 times, I'm afraid that didn't work for me? Any other advices? Right now I can't even connect to the router

wifi-airport-eingeschraenkt-konnektiv.jpg

In advanced settings I see that I have an IP-Address (169.254.129.58) as well as an subnetmask (255.255.0.0).

But there's still the exclamation mark on the wifi icon. I also already tried to use a static IP (and Router/Subnet)... still not working. Sometimes the exclamation mark is gone, but then it's still not working :/ Setting 8.8.8.8 as DNS didn't help either.

EDIT
The card is working in win7 as well as ubuntu without any issues.

Sorry to bring this up again. But I still wasn't able to fix this :/

I'll try to summarize the state of play:

• Like already mentioned the wifi card is working proper on win7 as well as ubuntu.
  • I switched the channel of the router several times.
  • After loggin in to ML I sometimes get a connection to the wifi network, but it's not working even it's connected, to pageload in browser.
  • Sometimes I get the exclamation mark as posted below.
  • I also tried to disable wifi and enable it again several times, with no effect.

So I'm really stucked here :/ Any helpt would be really appreciated!

Best regards,
Jan

Finally fixed it!

I had to switch from 802.11 b+g+n to 802.11b+g in the router settings. That did the job!

Im online just fine but my wifi doesn't recognize or display any 5ghz channels.

Also as of a week ago I began getting very slow video stream speeds. Internet is fast, online games fast, but youtube/hulu/cnn/etc all stream so slowly. Ive updated flash player, tested multiple browsers but no luck. And nothing on a google search has proved helpful.

any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back