Contribute
Register

TP-Link PCI Express Wifi slow, disconnects, stops working - HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some thoughts...
  • Make sure the antennas are screwed in tightly (hand tight is good enough);
  • Put the card in another PCIe slot;
  • Change your case location with respect to the router (too close...under a metal desk...etc.); and or
  • Range - 3rd party, high gain antennas.
Among us moderators, we're using Apple Extreme Base Stations & Time Capsules, various Linksys wireless routers, and one mod has an ASUS AC 1750 wireless router. All report no problems. I don't use wireless devices in the same room because I can use Ethernet cables.

I am also having this issue.

Speedtest.net shows DL speeds of less then 10mb/s.

Option + WIFI shows connection speeds of 20-80mbps regardless of 5GHz or 2.4GHz.

Airport Extreme is set to manual channels, 5GHz band double digit channels only work with TP-Link

My network connectivity will slow down then drop for about 10min before fixing itself all the while showing "connected" Happens at least once an hour.

I have moved the card, moved the computer, nothing helps. Frustrated and just need to run an ethernet cable so I can forget about it.

Hope this helps others - I had issues with TP-Link WDN4800 as described in this thread (connection dropping constantly, slow speeds etc). My router is a BT Home Hub 4 Dual Band. I had tried setting separate SSID so not using 5 GHz and loads of other fixes, nothing worked.

The solution was here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The changes I needed to make to my router config were: Set Security to WPA2 only and set 5 GHz radio mode to 802.11 a/n ONLY

Wifi is perfect and stable! Taken me 8 months to sort this! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back