Graphics
GTX 970 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had originally posted this in the yosemite forum but later thought it would be better suited here (given that nobody responded:p).

Just build my first hackintosh and installed everything with Clover. Running nice and smooth!.. Except for the WiFi.

I have Windows on another HD that has the drivers installed for this adapter, and the speeds are basically what I expect from the card and my network (roughly 15 mbps down and 20 mbps up). However, this "plug n play" adapter in OSX is getting a sad 1.5 mbps down and 2.5 mbps up. Anyone encounter this issue?

Build:

MOBO : Z97MX-GH5
CPU : i7-4790k
GPU : GTX 970 SC
WiFi Adapter : TP Link AC 1750 PCIe adapter

Wow okay, I seem to have found a fix, but it's hard to tell if it's actually the thing I did to fix this issue... Since I did few things at the same time.

First I turned my wifi off, then reset my router, renewed DHCP lease, turned wifi back on, and that alone did not work (didn't fully expect it to, since I had done that 10000 times earlier)

After that, I went into Network prefs, and removed the Bluetooth PAN from my list of Network configs (I don't actually need the bluetooth at this point anyway, I really just want internet, and I believe I need to do something extra to get the bluetooth working on this card anyway?). When I did this, the wifi connected no problem! I think the bluetooth, even though it was not connected / turned off, was somehow interfering with the way the adapter was working...

Hopefully this isn't a temporary thing, will report back if it turns out that this didn't actually fix a thing :thumbup:

Wow okay, I seem to have found a fix, but it's hard to tell if it's actually the thing I did to fix this issue... Since I did few things at the same time.

First I turned my wifi off, then reset my router, renewed DHCP lease, turned wifi back on, and that alone did not work (didn't fully expect it to, since I had done that 10000 times earlier)

After that, I went into Network prefs, and removed the Bluetooth PAN from my list of Network configs (I don't actually need the bluetooth at this point anyway, I really just want internet, and I believe I need to do something extra to get the bluetooth working on this card anyway?). When I did this, the wifi connected no problem! I think the bluetooth, even though it was not connected / turned off, was somehow interfering with the way the adapter was working...

Hopefully this isn't a temporary thing, will report back if it turns out that this didn't actually fix a thing :thumbup:

Well, I'm reporting back.... This apparently was not what was causing the issue, as it is STILL struggling to connect on OSX. Anybody have any ideas PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back