Contribute
Register

Toughbook CF19 Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Mac user for the last 10 years or so and have just picked up an old Panasonic Toughbook for a specific task. That's done now so I thought I'd look at turning it into a Hack Machine.

I've managed to get a copy of Mavericks using my old 2010 machine (current MBP is Mojave). I'm not getting very far as it's hanging at ....::start unable to initialize UIM.

I've read around this as best as I can with me limited knowledge and the few posts that mention this seem to die out pretty swiftly. I'm pretty quick at picking the basics up and I'm keen to learn so if anyone can start me off in the right direction that'd be really appreciated.

Panasonic Toughbook CF19 MK3
Intel Core 2 U9300 Socket P(478)
MB Chipset is IntelGS45
4gb DDR2

Cheers.

I guess its pretty obvious I'm pretty new to most of the language used here and the systems and processes involved in making it work but as I said, I'm keen to begin on what I can only guess is a steep learning curve for anyone. I'm thinking that maybe the Older Mk 3 model I have is going to be pretty hard to get working and maybe better of trying a Mk5 with an i5 in it. I've tried to put the system specs of the machine I'm trying with into my build profile but there aren't options for them (possibly a good clue that its almost a lost cause!).

Anyway, I'm going to persevere and see where I get. I'd find it really useful to have a pretty tough machine I can take out on site visits with me...

Seriously, any pointers will be hugely appreciated...

Oh and little about me? Freelance Lighting Designer for outdoor theatre and live events, Event Production (Site and Technical side mainly) and keen hands on maker from glass blowing to sound systems and new lighting fixtures. Happily residing in the northwest of the UK.

Okay so I'm getting there a little at a time. I've loaded Chimera to the Boot USB and this did the same however after a shutdown and restart it booted into Mavericks. I've been through this a few times and it does it each time (one fail boot and then load into Mavericks). There are issues with the keyboard and USB port not loading

After running through the basics of Multibeast and loading the outcome of that, I can't seem to get it to boot without the boot usb. It's really getting a bit dull. I'm going to persevere though and I'm sure theres a way.

Do I need to make a separate partition on the HD to make it boot from? I've got clover running now so have access to all the boot menus after a few restarts so any pointers as to where to go now? I guess they will needed editing. As it boots from the USB there must be a way to get it to launch from the HD.....

Okay, some I'm moving forward, needed to change the product type in the smBIOS from macbook4,1 to macbook5,2 with the clover configurator. It boots now. I have no wifi but will get a usb one to get me going. No working on calibrating the touch... any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back