CPU
i5-8350U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm successfully installed macOS 10.14.5 on HP EliteBook G5. Almost everything works perfectly expect touchpad. I found that is Synaptics PS2 touchpad (ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_3072), so it may work with VoodooPS2Controller. But I'm not able to get it work.
I have limited success with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext. But keyboard not working as I need and scrolling on touchpad not working at all. Besides that this kext is 1,5 year old and without any support. So I want to get it work with supported VoodooPS2Controller.
Touchpad normally working in prebooter screen where I unlock my laptop for FileVault2.

I would be glad for any advice.

I'm successfully installed macOS 10.14.5 on HP EliteBook G5. Almost everything works perfectly expect touchpad. I found that is Synaptics PS2 touchpad (ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_3072), so it may work with VoodooPS2Controller. But I'm not able to get it work.
I have limited success with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext. But keyboard not working as I need and scrolling on touchpad not working at all. Besides that this kext is 1,5 year old and without any support. So I want to get it work with supported VoodooPS2Controller.
Touchpad normally working in prebooter screen where I unlock my laptop for FileVault2.

I would be glad for any advice.
Attach your problem reporting files. Anyway, same problem here.

Attachments

• debug_9387.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 161
I was able to identify touchpad and trakpoint in Ubuntu.
So it seems that VoodooI2C can work with it? But keyboard is still PS2.

Attachments

• touchpad.jpg
    touchpad.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 429
  • trackpoint.jpg
    trackpoint.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 310
I am trying to install 10.14 on my G5 but with no luck so far (stuck with message “Initialized /dev/rdisk3 as a 5MB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume”) Could you share you CLOVER/EFI configuration?

Thanks in advance
Pawel

I finally get all thing to work expect touchpad freezes. When I finalize my configuration, I can post my CLOVER folder.

I finally get all thing to work expect touchpad freezes. When I finalize my configuration, I can post my CLOVER folder.

Hello kecinzer,

Is there any chance you could share your EFI Folder for the EliteBook 850 G5? I installed Mojave, every thing works except the touchpad as you mentioned. I will deeply appreciate your config files.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Yes, of course.

This EFI is outdated!!

Attachments

• efi_20191104.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Yes, of course.

Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver! This machine is a beast now.

Sorry for hijacking this thread since I can't message you in private but I saw in another thread that you were trying to use a HP USB-C Universal Dock with this machine. This is my case too. I just want to use it to support an external monitor with Displayport. The second external monitor can be used with the built-in HDMI output of the laptop (being both powered by the Dock would be nice though). Did you figure it out or it's a dead-end ?

Thank you again!

I'm glad that I can help :).
For now I stop with hackintosh, because after update to 10.15.1 my touchpad stoped working and I don't have time to additional investigation. But it looks like there will be soon new version of VoodooI2C kext that will resolve it - https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C
And I need my EliteBook for some Windows 10 stuff.
For now I'm on my MacBook Pro 15" 2014 :).

I have docking station, but not USB-C its Ultra Slim dock - https://www8.hp.com/cz/cs/ink-toner-and-accessories/product-details/5422417.
It has 2 display ports that works, but system detecting it like only 1 display. So on both external displays is same picture. You can't connect internal HDMI port because dockint station covering it.

BTW. If you want to contact me directly you can over iMessage ([email protected]) :)

Yes, of course.

Hello. When using your Clover folder, I cannot start installing Mojave. Could you describe your Bios settings. What did you turn off and what did you leave unchanged?

Notebook
HP EliteBook 840 G5 (Processor - i7-8550U) (Sound - Conexant CX8200) (Video - UHD620) (Wi-FI - 8265NGW) (DDR4 - 24Gb) (SSD - Samsung PM961 1 TB M.2 MZVLW1T0HMLH)

Attachments

• 20200704_151354.jpg
    20200704_151354.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back