GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Total freeze while playing video / audio

I have a weird problem.
When I play a video, be it in the browser, in iTunes, in VLC, in a different browser :)
At some random point (as it it doesn't have to happen with every video), Mavericks freezes up totally, no control available at all, and in my speakers i hear a popping sound, repeating about 1 second apart.

That happens until I long press the power button and everything opens up again.

This is specially annoying when trying to do some work while watching a video at the same time :(

Any of you guys experienced the same issue?

--------
An update on the machine i'm having this issue on:

Haswell i7 4770S
GA-Z87X-UD3H
HD4600
120GB SSD Samsung 840 Pro

Today got a freeze while streaming some online radio in iTunes.

The problem according to the other thread might be caused by the XMP memory profile. I'll go and set the settings manually for my RAM and report back after a few days if I still experience problems.

The problem doesn't seem to be from the XMP. I disabled it, overclocked the RAM manually and the problem is still there. The RAM is working fine, tested with memtest.

Now running on stock RAM settings 1333MHz, 1.5v

I'll let you know how it goes.

I've now had 2 days without freezes during video / audio play.

Now the XMP profile is enabled, but I've manually changed the memory timing values to match the ones on the producer's site.

When I enabled XMP the timings that were automatically detected were 9-9-9-24 while the product's spreadsheet said 9-9-9-27 (which actually makes sense).

Anyway, i'll post back after a week if I'm still freeze free.

Hiphrozenb
Did you ever solve your problem? I'm experiencing the same on a new build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back