Graphics
GTX 980 Ti 6gb / HD 4000 1.5gb 1366x768
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone

ever since i've stepped into the world of DSDTs' i've become like a kid, learning every chance I get, and i'm just dumbfounded at how this community has grown over the years. I can almost remember my first hackintosh build many years ago, when OSX Tiger was around. It was full of bugs that needed to be worked on, I just gave up, but now things are easier, with all these installers coming about and all these very good tutorials and how the community has come together. !!AWESOME!!

I want to be very detailed with this post, because is regarding my own dsdt that I generated with the help of Rahabman which I appreciate. This DSDT has cause me a lot of sleepless nights but is ok is totally worth it, but it can get difficult, i've read many tutorials and many posts but when it comes down to replaceing codes and things like that I just freeze.

I decided to search for a super-easy guide similar to my ivy-bridge laptop and so I stumbled upon this guide on how to install mavericks 10.9.4 on a Lenovo IdeaPAd Z580 which is very similar in specs with my Toshiba s855-s5381 except for the processor and a few other things. I installed my untuched unibeast maverick 10.9.2 and updated to 10.9.4 using the appstore, and executed the installer as per the guide rebooted and BOOM!!! it worked! well Not entirely.

since the guide was obviously for a Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 all I had to do was repace a few kexts
in this case the patched appleHDA with another patched appleHDA and the HDAEnabler that I found that worked with my ALC269VB ( Vendor Id: 0x10ec0269 Subsystem Id: 0x1179fc14), and I also repace the network kext with the one that works for me in this case ALXEthernet.

I also replaced the SSDT with my own SSDT that I generated using this GUIDE

so at this point I had the most important things working

brightness with slider ( short-cut works ) :p
sound (patched appleHDA and HDAenabler) short-cut keys doesnt work :(
sleep & wake ( works very happy for this) but some time it would wake up without sound :(
battery doesnt display anything it says battery not available ( I understand, cuz is patched for another hardware)
CPU power Management is working

I tried replacing the DSDT with my own generated one but because is not patched the right way most things don't work. So at this point i'm asking for a patch request for my DSDT to make it work 100%, anybody out there who is willing to help a friend out i'd appreciated it. I'll attach my full DSDT and my codec dump generated from ubuntu and also my full laptop spec generated using aida64 windows 8.1 and also my ioregexplorer file.

thank you.

Attachments

• rawDSDTtables.zip
    77.7 KB · Views: 139
  • codec_dump.txt.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 148
  • alex’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
  • patchedAppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
  • toshibas855specs.txt.zip
    50.9 KB · Views: 156
I tried replacing the DSDT with my own generated one but because is not patched the right way most things don't work. So at this point i'm asking for a patch request for my DSDT to make it work 100%, anybody out there who is willing to help a friend out i'd appreciated it. I'll attach my full DSDT and my codec dump generated from ubuntu and also my full laptop spec generated using aida64 windows 8.1 and also my ioregexplorer file.

thank you.

What problem are you trying to fix with patched DSDT?

i want to fix everything there is to fix with my build, because the DSDT i'm using is from the Lenovo ideaPad Z580, and i want to use my own. but because mine is poorly patched it won't work like the z580 i'm currently using.

the list:
CPU power management
sound using appleHDA and also HDMI audio when plugged to HDMI output ( w/ short-cut key fn+f9 & f10 )
sleep & wake without the occasion no sound after wake from sleep
battery status for sure
brightness w/ slider

i'll attach a copy of the dsdt i'm using from the Lenovo ideaPad Z580 guide if you need it, also i forgot to attach my own generated SSDT i'm using with this DSDT, i don't know if i'm suppose to mix a DSDT from one machine with a SSDT of another but is working.

Attachments

• lenovoz580DSDT.zip
    20 KB · Views: 169
  • mytoshibassdt.aml.zip
    1 KB · Views: 153
i want to fix everything there is to fix with my build, because the DSDT i'm using is from the Lenovo ideaPad Z580, and i want to use my own. but because mine is poorly patched it won't work like the z580 i'm currently using.

the list:
CPU power management

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

sound using appleHDA and also HDMI audio when plugged to HDMI output ( w/ short-cut key fn+f9 & f10 )

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

HDMI audio requires "hda-gfx" injection and patches to the framebuffer. Work on getting an AppleHDA that is functional first.

sleep & wake without the occasion no sound after wake from sleep

Power management is a pre-req to sleep. Work on that first.

Loss of audio could be because of EAPD amp. Check your audio codec dump. If you have it, see: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

battery status for sure

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

brightness w/ slider

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

i'll attach a copy of the dsdt i'm using from the Lenovo ideaPad Z580 guide if you need it, also i forgot to attach my own generated SSDT i'm using with this DSDT, i don't know if i'm suppose to mix a DSDT from one machine with a SSDT of another but is working.

Using a DSDT from a Lenovo on your Toshiba is a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back