Contribute
Register

Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,

Here is my IOReg, DSDT and config.plist (Clover). I have been doing a fixa-thon for sometime so my DSDT and config.plist may not be perfect !!

You have two HDEF (HDAU is named HDEF for some crazy reason).

"hda-gfx" injection is on HDEF@1B, not on (what should be) HDAU@3. I assume the HDEF snafu is caused by FIX_INTELGFX or FixDisplay (in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes), both of which are not needed and should not be used.

All hda-gfx injections should be done with _DSM methods in patched ACPI (see my patch repo).

For some reason, you have renamed GFX0 to PEG0. Should be renamed to IGPU.

Neither framebuffer@1 or @2 is patched for HDMI. No HDMI monitor is connected, so no telling which connector needs patching.

The patches for AppleHDAController (in your config.plist) is not needed and conflicts with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.

The patch for 0306 doesn't make any sense. 0x0a260006 has only 0105 and 0204. It has no 0306 connector.

You have two HDEF (HDAU is named HDEF for some crazy reason).

"hda-gfx" injection is on HDEF@1B, not on (what should be) HDAU@3. I assume the HDEF snafu is caused by FIX_INTELGFX or FixDisplay (in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes), both of which are not needed and should not be used.

All hda-gfx injections should be done with _DSM methods in patched ACPI (see my patch repo).

For some reason, you have renamed GFX0 to PEG0. Should be renamed to IGPU.

Neither framebuffer@1 or @2 is patched for HDMI. No HDMI monitor is connected, so no telling which connector needs patching.

The patches for AppleHDAController (in your config.plist) is not needed and conflicts with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.

The patch for 0306 doesn't make any sense. 0x0a260006 has only 0105 and 0204. It has no 0306 connector.

Let me see if I can give you any sensible answers: EDIT: My laptop has HDMI and VGA as graphic ports.

"""You have two HDEF (HDAU is named HDEF for some crazy reason)."""

** That has been the case all the time since I began using patched AppleHDA. EDIT: I should mention even on fresh DSDT after applying B0D3 /HDAU fix (and nothing else) there has never been an HDAU in Ioreg. Makes sense???

"""......FIX_INTELGFX or FixDisplay (in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes), both of which are not needed and should not be used."""

** Without FIX_INTELGFX I cannot make the brightness slider work. I have broken my head over that one and I just stuck with it since it is need to get brightness to work, as far as I am capable.

""All hda-gfx injections should be done with _DSM methods in patched ACPI (see my patch repo)."""

** I have this patch also in DSDT but due to brightness issue the config.plist is also used........ EDIT: On second thought, I think I am confusing what you are saying here. I will recheck the patch list from your repo on my MaciASL.

""""For some reason, you have renamed GFX0 to PEG0. Should be renamed to IGPU.""""

** PEG0 is not anything I changed, that much I can vouch for, since I never messed with any kind of PEG0 fix. I have no clue where that is remaining from.

""""" Neither framebuffer@1 or @2 is patched for HDMI. No HDMI monitor is connected, so no telling which connector needs patching."""""

** Yeah, my bad. I have attached new IOReg with TV connected.

"""The patches for AppleHDAController (in your config.plist) is not needed and conflicts with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio."""

** I will remove that an retry and post back. EDIT: Removed config.plist AppleHDA. No change.

""""The patch for 0306 doesn't make any sense. 0x0a260006 has only 0105 and 0204. It has no 0306 connector."""""

** No clue man what you mean.....totally lost on this one.

Thanks again for even reading !!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Chap's MacBook Air.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 250
Let me see if I can give you any sensible answers: EDIT: My laptop has HDMI and VGA as graphic ports.

"""You have two HDEF (HDAU is named HDEF for some crazy reason)."""

** That has been the case all the time since I began using patched AppleHDA. EDIT: I should mention even on fresh DSDT after applying B0D3 /HDAU fix (and nothing else) there has never been an HDAU in Ioreg. Makes sense???

It is wrong. You need to fix it.

"""......FIX_INTELGFX or FixDisplay (in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes), both of which are not needed and should not be used."""

** Without FIX_INTELGFX I cannot make the brightness slider work. I have broken my head over that one and I just stuck with it since it is need to get brightness to work, as far as I am capable.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

""""For some reason, you have renamed GFX0 to PEG0. Should be renamed to IGPU.""""

** PEG0 is not anything I changed, that much I can vouch for, since I never messed with any kind of PEG0 fix. I have no clue where that is remaining from.

Post native ACPI files. It could be (again) caused by the incorrect Clover config.plist options you're using.

""""" Neither framebuffer@1 or @2 is patched for HDMI. No HDMI monitor is connected, so no telling which connector needs patching."""""

** Yeah, my bad. I have attached new IOReg with TV connected.

You still need the patches. Refer to the plist files from my Clover guide.

"""The patches for AppleHDAController (in your config.plist) is not needed and conflicts with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio."""

** I will remove that an retry and post back. EDIT: Removed config.plist AppleHDA. No change.

All fixes must be in place. You have multiple things wrong...

""""The patch for 0306 doesn't make any sense. 0x0a260006 has only 0105 and 0204. It has no 0306 connector."""""

** No clue man what you mean.....totally lost on this one.

The HDMI audio patches are to patch specific connectors within the data associated with the ig-platform-id. The patches are specific to each ig-platform-id. You have a patch for connector 0306, which does not appear in your ig-platform-id of choice. Does not make sense... it is as if you're throwing darts a the wall with your eyes closed.

OK. I used fresh DSDT and SSDT. I removed FIX_INTELGFX or FixDisplay and got backlight working. Re-did the B0D3/HDAU fix and other stuff, and my computer is back to where it was but with cleaned out config.plist. Sleep also works. All basic functions work, except HDMI audio.

I am attaching my new IOreg. Still shows HDAU as HDEF@3.

* Also attaching the DSDT/SSDT and config.plist that I am currently running (current using files.zip)

* And my "RAW" extracted files - ACPI files as extracted from windows usinf AIDA64. (RAW DSDT files,zip)

Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year !!

Attachments

• current using files.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 223
  • RAW DSDT files.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 233
    1.6 MB · Views: 288
Must be fixed. Do a fresh install.

OK. Now HDAU shows and it looks like it is loaded. But sound prefs has no HDMI aoutput to select.

IOReg is attached.

HDMI Video is fine.

Attachments

1.7 MB · Views: 281
  • config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 379
  • DSDT.aml
    64.9 KB · Views: 316
  • SSDT.aml
    14.7 KB · Views: 265
  • SSDT-1.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 296
OK. Now HDAU shows and it looks like it is loaded. But sound prefs has no HDMI aoutput to select.

IOReg is attached.

HDMI Video is fine.

The layout-id injected on HDAU is wrong... must match HDEF. HDEF is using layout-id=3. HDAU shows layout-id=12.

And the framebuffer is not patched for HDMI. You need the 0105 patch (because your HDMI display is connected to that port) from my plist examples in my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

The layout-id injected on HDAU is wrong... must match HDEF. HDEF is using layout-id=3. HDAU shows layout-id=12.

And the framebuffer is not patched for HDMI. You need the 0105 patch (because your HDMI display is connected to that port) from my plist examples in my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

IT WORKS !!!! IT WORKS !!!!! ITS ALIVE !!!!! MWWWAAHHAAAAAAA!!!! Almost one month of trying.....

Thanks Guru for sticking with it ! Venerations to you.

Hello, can anyone help me with the BIOS settings for this to work? I have a TOSHIBA P75 A7200. I get iBoot+Haswell running, change to SL dvd and nothing. Sometimes it just hangs.
In BIOS I disabled USB3 support, legacy USB disabled, Secure boot disabled, Normal boot speed, disabled UEFI, CSM boot AHCI Sata Mode. Anything missing?
I've managed to install it on a virtual machine, but not on regular installation.
Thanks.

Hello, can anyone help me with the BIOS settings for this to work? I have a TOSHIBA P75 A7200. I get iBoot+Haswell running, change to SL dvd and nothing. Sometimes it just hangs.
In BIOS I disabled USB3 support, legacy USB disabled, Secure boot disabled, Normal boot speed, disabled UEFI, CSM boot AHCI Sata Mode. Anything missing?
I've managed to install it on a virtual machine, but not on regular installation.
Thanks.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back