Register

Toshiba Satellite P55-A5200 Laptop as a Hackintosh

Motherboard
Toshiba Satellite P55-A5200
CPU
i5 3427U
Graphics
HD 4000
I was able to install Mountain Lion on this Toshiba laptop. However, the sound, wifi, battery, and time are not working. Here is my Toshiba Satellite P55-A5200 Hardware:

*CPU= Intel Core i5 3427U @ 1.80GHz - Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
*Graphics= Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Toshiba)
*IDT High Definition Audio
*Display = (1920x1080@60Hz)
*6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
*Motherboard = Intel VG10F (U3E1) @ version PSPMEU-00G002
*WiFi = Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230
**Windows 8 was factory installed in UEFI mode.
**Installed Mountain Lion in BIOS mode using 10.8.2.

If there is any fixes out there for making my sound/wifi/battery work, that would be great.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to install Mountain Lion on this Toshiba laptop. However, the sound, wifi, battery, and time are not working. Here is my Toshiba Satellite P55-A5200 Hardware:

*CPU= Intel Core i5 3427U @ 1.80GHz - Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
*Graphics= Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Toshiba)
*IDT High Definition Audio
*Display = (1920x1080@60Hz)
*6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
*Motherboard = Intel VG10F (U3E1) @ version PSPMEU-00G002
*WiFi = Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230
**Windows 8 was factory installed in UEFI mode.
**Installed Mountain Lion in BIOS mode using 10.8.2.

If there is any fixes out there for making my sound/wifi/battery work, that would be great.

Audio: You need to get your codec id from a Linux audio codec dump. Then find or build a patched AppleHDA. Google for 'patch AppleHDA guide' and follow.

Battery: You need to install a battery manager. I recommend mine: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver. Often, you will need DSDT patches in addition, but it depends on the DSDT. Try it first, if it doesn't work post your DSDT.

WiFi: Intel WiFi will not work. You'll need to find a replacement that is compatible with OS X.

Time: Not sure what you mean??

Motherboard
CPU
i5 3427U
Graphics
HD 4000
The link was to give more details about what what the factory install of Windows 8 sees about my system.

The time issue is that Apple OS X appears to misread the system clock. It may be 8:00 PM in Windows and 3:13 AM when I switch over OS X again 5 minutes later. But if I set the time to the correct time in OS X, then when I change to Windows 5 minutes later, it is 3:13.

I will try a usb wifi adapter that I have. If it does not work, please list a few cheap compatible ones.

I will try the linux suggestion when I have more time.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The link was to give more details about what what the factory install of Windows 8 sees about my system.

The time issue is that Apple OS X appears to misread the system clock. It may be 8:00 PM in Windows and 3:13 AM when I switch over OS X again 5 minutes later. But if I set the time to the correct time in OS X, then when I change to Windows 5 minutes later, it is 3:13.

I will try a usb wifi adapter that I have. If it does not work, please list a few cheap compatible ones.

I will try the linux suggestion when I have more time.

You need to set RealTimeIsUniversal in the Windows registry. Google it.

I don't use USB WiFi adapters, although you might consult the Buyer's Guide on this site.

Motherboard
CPU
i5 3427U
Graphics
HD 4000
What kind and version of linux would be best for the "codec id dump"?
Also I am attempting to set "RealTimeIsUniversal" in the Windows registry.

"RealTimeIsUniversal" appears to have worked.

Motherboard
GA-X79S-UP5
CPU
i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz LGA 2011
Graphics
MSI GTX970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a new s55-7 Satellite. I have built 5+ hackentosh desktops so my experience level is medium.

For whatever the reason I cant get unibeast to boot. 16gb USB chip. First it was giving me the Toshiba safeboot crap, so I disabled that in the bios. Made sure I was on AHCI etc. Booting off the chip.

But after I disabled safeboot, now it just loads windows 8.

My only thoughts/ideas I have left are A: take out some ram, its 16gb or B: get a smaller 2.0 usb chip for unibeast.

Any other thoughts? What did you mean by you installed Mountain Lion in Bios mode?

Thanks!!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a new s55-7 Satellite. I have built 5+ hackentosh desktops so my experience level is medium.

For whatever the reason I cant get unibeast to boot. 16gb USB chip. First it was giving me the Toshiba safeboot crap, so I disabled that in the bios. Made sure I was on AHCI etc. Booting off the chip.

But after I disabled safeboot, now it just loads windows 8.

My only thoughts/ideas I have left are A: take out some ram, its 16gb or B: get a smaller 2.0 usb chip for unibeast.

Any other thoughts? What did you mean by you installed Mountain Lion in Bios mode?

Thanks!!

If you're using a flash drive larger than 16GB, make sure there is only a single 8GB partition on it for Unibeast.