Contribute
Register

Toshiba Satellite c855-s5308 Won't boot from USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba Satellite C855-S5308
CPU
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M Processor (3MB Cache, up to 2.40GHz), HM76
Graphics
Intel® HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here is a link to my laptop's specs.
I have an iMac currently on OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 which I used to download Yosemite and install it on a flash drive using UniBeast. After booting my laptop from the USB and selecting Yosemite, it shows an apple logo with a progress bar below it. It gets about a third or so of the way across then it switches to a circle with a line through it on a gray screen. I have looked at this post and deleted the kext files it recommendend, but I do not know how or even if it is possible to use MaciASL to apply patches because I can't boot even from the USB. Should I try to boot my iMac from the USB to apply patches with MaciASL? Or am I doing something else wrong? I really just want to get it running, so if there is a better way to do this, please don't hesitate to say so.:)
I am a noob to hackintoshing, although I am not a totally incompetent computer user. I have some experience with programming (mostly web-based, see ben.sg), am decently familiar with basic Unix, and have written some simple bash scripts for linux.

Thanks ahead of time for any help,
Ben

Last edited:
Here is a link to my laptop's specs.
I have an iMac currently on OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 which I used to download Yosemite and install it on a flash drive using UniBeast. After booting my laptop from the USB and selecting Yosemite, it shows an apple logo with a progress bar below it. It gets about a third or so of the way across then it switches to a circle with a line through it on a gray screen. I have looked at this post and deleted the kext files it recommendend, but I do not know how or even if it is possible to use MaciASL to apply patches because I can't boot even from the USB. Is it possible to boot my iMac from the USB to apply patches with MaciASL? Or am I doing something else wrong?
I am a noob to hackintoshing, although I am not a totally incompetent computer user. I have some experience with programming (mostly web-based, see ben.sg), am decently familiar with basic Unix, and have written some simple bash scripts for linux.

Thanks ahead of time for any help,
Ben

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...aller-laptops-unibeast-chimera-chameleon.html

Thanks! Can't believe I didn't find that sooner. I suppose my search terms weren't generic enough.
I got Yosemite installed using the guide you linked to, but all animations and loadings are clunky and often only come in part way (I'll post pictures/video when I get home). I put MultiBeast on it and tried installing some drivers for the graphics card, but I only get :beachball: and I can't do anything because it is so slow.
The graphics are HD 4000.

Thanks! Can't believe I didn't find that sooner. I suppose my search terms weren't generic enough.

It is always a good idea to read the sticky posts. They are stuck there for a reason.

I got Yosemite installed using the guide you linked to, but all animations and loadings are clunky and often only come in part way (I'll post pictures/video when I get home). I put MultiBeast on it and tried installing some drivers for the graphics card, but I only get :beachball: and I can't do anything because it is so slow.

You seemed to have not read the guide very carefully, as your profile appears to be missing important details about your system...

It is always a good idea to read the sticky posts. They are stuck there for a reason.

You seemed to have not read the guide very carefully, as your profile appears to be missing important details about your system...

Sorry about that. I've fixed it now.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.
Okay, I downloaded IORegistryExplorer from the link you provided, and followed the instructions by toleda. I double-clicked on the file it created, and it opened in IORegistryExplorer (it isn't a .txt file). Is there any other information I can get that would help?
Thanks for all you've done!

Attachments

• Toshiba Satellite.ioreg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
Okay, I downloaded IORegistryExplorer from the link you provided, and followed the instructions by toleda. I double-clicked on the file it created, and it opened in IORegistryExplorer (it isn't a .txt file). Is there any other information I can get that would help?
Thanks for all you've done!

Your bootlog indicates you deleted the Intel graphics kexts for HD4000 (AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and others). You cannot expect graphics to work if you remove the kexts that support it.

Your bootlog indicates you deleted the Intel graphics kexts for HD4000 (AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and others). You cannot expect graphics to work if you remove the kexts that support it.
I deleted that and some other kexts when I was trying to get it to boot based a guide I had read somewhere. I saved all the kexts I deleted:
AppleACPIPlatform
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
AppleIntelHDGraphics
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB
Should I reinstall all of them, or just AppleIntelFramebufferCapri? Can I just drag and drop them into the appropriate folder, or do I need to use something like MaciASL?

I deleted that and some other kexts when I was trying to get it to boot based a guide I had read somewhere. I saved all the kexts I deleted:
AppleACPIPlatform
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
AppleIntelHDGraphics
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB
Should I reinstall all of them, or just AppleIntelFramebufferCapri? Can I just drag and drop them into the appropriate folder, or do I need to use something like MaciASL?

Restore them. Deleting kexts is a bad idea.

You should install them with a kext installer, such as Kext Wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back