Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
GIGABYTE GV-N970G1
Anyone here using Topaz plugins? Im having some issues with Topaz Impressions i can open the application but the image and presets are all blacked out. Im thinking its an OpenGL issue with my GTX970. Their support dept has been very slow to respond so hopefully someone here has an idea. Thanks for any help you can provide. Specs below if needed.

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
Intel Core i7-4790K
GIGABYTE GV-N970G1

Anyone here using Topaz plugins? Im having some issues with Topaz Impressions i can open the application but the image and presets are all blacked out. Im thinking its an OpenGL issue with my GTX970. Their support dept has been very slow to respond so hopefully someone here has an idea. Thanks for any help you can provide. Specs below if needed.

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
Intel Core i7-4790K
GIGABYTE GV-N970G1

Did you ever find a fix?

I have Topaz Impressions 2, also. It was working fine with my iGPU (HD 4600 on the i7-4770k). After installing a new GPU (NVIDIA GeForece 1050), I'm getting the exact same problem you are (black image and thumbnails). It also seems to be something specific with Impressions, as all of the other filters in the new Topaz Studio shell work, but not the Impressions filters.

I'm running MacOS 10.12.6 and supposedly have the latest drivers for that build, both Web Drivers and CUDA. But still no luck. That's perhaps 4 months behind on the MacOS and about the same for the drivers - so I wouldn't think they're the problem, but you never know.

Upgrading to High Sierra and the very latest drivers might be the answer, but I'm reluctant to upgrade to High Sierra just yet. I wanted to wait and give developers more time to get caught up and patch things.

(Also, I hear the NIK Collection doesn't work with High Sierra, or at least has lost functionality).

No I never was able to resolve. I contacted topaz labs for support but the didn’t have an answer either.

Thank you for the reply and apologies for my slow response!

I posted examples of this problem on the Topaz boards. There were some helpful suggestions, but none fixed the problem. A Topaz staff member recommended that I submit a formal request for support, so I may follow up with that.

However, they said they are no longer developing the "Topaz Impressions 2" application. Impressions filters will only be developed inside their Topaz Studio all-in-one filter application. Unfortunately, Topaz Studio doesn't have any of the fine-tuning controls for each painting style, so even if it does work in the future, it will be a crippled shadow of its former self.

I'm guessing the problem is somehow related to our GeForce cards... but I haven't verified that. (I tried reenabling my IGPU, but didn't remove my video card or uninstall its web drivers, as the drivers were a pain to install in the first place).

I'll reply back if there are any positive developments, but I don't think either of us should hold our breaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back