1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Nothing... I don't have a flasher. Of course I have backups, but they're useless now. The thing is, it happened during an official update. I did nothing. (literally, I was just watching) I'll try to contact Asus, but they're asleep now (timezones).
if you have the device in guarantee then the best option is to ask them, otherwise you can purchase a flash writer "CH341A + SOIC8"
But the flash chip,i think, is in a difficult position that require whole notebook to be dismantled...

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I got in the BIOS recovery mode or so. Got into EZ Flash. Shuts down after I select the BIOS file... Just like when flashing before. It restarted and now is in EZ Flash again. Strange, but at least something.
Update: selected file again and again shut down.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Wait. I got something. Check system power error. Please check battery is connected and remaining capacity is more than 20%. If I'm right it's more than 20% and battery is connected.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I got in the BIOS recovery mode or so. Got into EZ Flash. Shuts down after I select the BIOS file... Just like when flashing before. It restarted and now is in EZ Flash again. Strange, but at least something.
Update: selected file again and again shut down.
try a previous version of bios, one that worked before

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Well it doesn't recognize the battery. I'll put everything together again (disconnected CMOS battery that might be it, NVMe drive and Wi-Fi card to be able to get easier to the battery) also, it now always boots to EZ Flash. Again, at least something.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Looks promising. Progress very slow.
20210729_120707.jpg

Update: update successful! Version 307.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G731GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[UPDATE] 29 Aug 2020
- Added some nice tools to run the development efi files under qemu directly instead to install them into Clover/OpenCore and reboot.
- Please check the VBM Wiki for more informations

[UPDATE] 11 Aug 2020
- Added Intel eXtreme Tuning Utility enabler to uze turbo boost to 4.5Ghz
- Added various overclock settings
- Please download latest VirtualBiosMod version

[UPDATE] 01 Aug 2020
- Added an option to disable HDMI audio to fix missing audio card radom disappear during concurrent reboots.
- Cleaned UI interface

[UPDATE] 26 Jul 2020
- Fixed drawing menu under OpenCore

[UPDATE] 12 Jul 2020
- Added Clover or OpenCore integration support, basically if you pass a boot parameter to VirtualBiosMod when exit instead to return to parent (Clover) reboot, if no parameters passed to VirtualBiosMod run as usual
- You can add this lines for Clover in GUI > Custom > Entries
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>FullTitle</key>
<string>VirtualBiosMod</string>
<key>Hidden</key>
<false/>
<key>Ignore</key>
<false/>
<key>Path</key>
<string>\EFI\VirtualBiosMod\VirtualBiosMod.efi</string>
<key>Type</key>
<string>Linux</string>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>reboot</string>
</dict>

[UPDATE] 6 Jul 2020
- I have released version 1.0.2 which does not have the blue screen anymore at startup, instead wait for 3 seconds to press any key
- Fixed a keypress loop issue

[UPDATE] 1 Jul 2020
- I have released the source code for this nice tool please see VirtualBiosMod
- I have created a small Wiki, please see Wiki
- Created a new release 1.0.1 which corrected some bugs and reduced the boot timeout

[UPDATE] 29 Jun 2020
- I have released first functional version, please download from VirtualBiosMod
- You need to put this in Clover drivers folder, if you have OpenCore you can add a new boot entry in bios and select this this efi, or add the efi to OC
- This version can unlock your bios flash and/or disable nvidia card, if you have a compatible bios.
- If you don't have a compatible bios and your bios is uefi please let me know.
- This version have a 8 seconds timeout which can be skipped pressing any key.

Hello,

I started to build a efi driver application which will be able to mod our BIOS without actually a flashing requirement.
This efi app is not related to Clover, OpenCore or to an Operating System, should work with any boot loader which is capable to load efi drivers.
It was tested with Clover and with a new boot entry from bios and point to the efi file.
This is not only a hackintosh bios mod it works regardless the os or bootloader.

The efi app can be downloaded from here VirtualBiosMod
It was tested on Asus ROG STRIX G531GT and few others, right now i am collecting infos, if the app does not work with your UEFI BIOS and you want to please let me know and provide a bios snapshot or a link on the vendor website to download.

Best regards,
Hi @serdeliuk,
I have created a bootable installer USB in order to do hackintosh Big Sur. After creating the bootable USB, I used the EFI which downloaded from https://github.com/serdeliuk/G531GT-hackint0sh (tag 7, the latest version).

When I chose the VirtualBiosMod option to boot (1), the screen displayed the VitualBiosMod welcome screen (2). But, this welcome screen quickly exit for reboot the system. Please help me fix this issue!

Thank you,

P.S:
- My laptop is ROG STRIX G731GT, BIOS version 3.07.
- I want to use VirtualBiosMod to deactivate NVIDIA GPU, the presiquite to install Hackintosh (?!). Is it safe or brick my laptop?

Attachments

• 01. Boot options.jpg
    01. Boot options.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 02. Quickly Exit Welcome Screen.jpg
    02. Quickly Exit Welcome Screen.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 15
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi @serdeliuk,
I have created a bootable installer USB in order to do hackintosh Big Sur. After creating the bootable USB, I used the EFI which downloaded from https://github.com/serdeliuk/G531GT-hackint0sh (tag 7, the latest version).

When I chose the VirtualBiosMod option to boot (1), the screen displayed the VitualBiosMod welcome screen (2). But, this welcome screen quickly exit for reboot the system. Please help me fix this issue!

Thank you,

P.S:
- My laptop is ROG STRIX G731GT, BIOS version 3.07.
- I want to use VirtualBiosMod to deactivate NVIDIA GPU, the presiquite to install Hackintosh (?!). Is it safe or brick my laptop?
Hi,

You don't need to disable Nvidia card to be able to install OSX. Disabling the card may increase the battery life.
The VBM exit if you do not press any keys from the menu after few seconds, or if you press any other key that is not in the menu will exit too.
So, press B, V, H or I to disable the auto exit, then after choosing the right settings you may need to press enter to save the new settings or E to exit without save.
The VBM is safe, does not harm, even if it goes wrong you can reload bios defaults with F9 in B.I.O.S. or removing the C.M.O.S. battery (the coin battery near the wifi card)
The VBM was created for G531GT and if your bios has the same EFI ids could work, if after pressing enter show a green OK then should be ok, if shows a red error then you may need to build yourself a version for your firmware. Please check the VBM GitHub Wiki page https://github.com/serdeliuk/VirtualBiosMod/wiki for how to compile your own VBM

Best regards,

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
@zvtrung just to confirm that your bios seems to be similar with G531GT, so the provided VBM should work with your bios too without modifications. Please confirm if worked for you.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
It seems that i uploaded a test VBM version in the latest EFI, i have replaced the VBM in the EFI now, you may need to redownload the EFI or download the latest VBM