Contribute
Register

[TOOL] VGTab: Control your Vega in macOS without flashing the vBios

I stopped using VGTab for some time, but today I tested it again with the file I had previously created.
Everything works well overclock, downclock and the temperatures are good.
Only missing was the information from the WATTS that the plate is consuming, both in the Istat menu and in the HWMonitorSMC. Does it also happen to you? Is there a possibility to get around this?

I leave photographs of the clock, temps, and benchmark
Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 09.43.48.png
Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 09.43.37.png
Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 09.41.15.png

I've already managed to turn on the WATTS measurement again.
I changed the plist of kext Vega, from 1 to 0.

<key> PP_DisablePowerContainment </key>
<integer> 0 </integer>

I noticed that after this change, I lost the total overclocking 1663MHZ that I had previously, and was left with only 1558MHZ.
Did it also happen to someone?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 10.52.43.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 10.52.43.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 158
Does anyone know how to configure the fan to turn off completely until reaching the target temperature? 50 degrees for example.
I always have my fan at 123rpm + -, and when it goes over 50 degrees it increases.

EDITED:

After all the fan stops, only HWMonitor does not give that correct indication.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell what I can do if VGTab starts and closes right after? i'm on Catalina 10.15.4

@Polanski,

Try moving the VGTab App to the Applications folder and running it from there ....

Cheers
Jay

Me too. I got the same problem,I have tried many times, nothing was generated on Desktop

Hi. For the RX 580 video card, you can make such settings to change fan operation parameters?

I've already managed to turn on the WATTS measurement again.
I changed the plist of kext Vega, from 1 to 0.

<key> PP_DisablePowerContainment </key>
<integer> 0 </integer>

I noticed that after this change, I lost the total overclocking 1663MHZ that I had previously, and was left with only 1558MHZ.
Did it also happen to someone?
This is a known issue. PP_DisablePowerContainment needs to be enabled to fully free up the power management but you lose the power monitoring, so you can have the power stats or the overclock but not both, as far as I know.

Its there any option similar to control VII?

Back