Contribute
Register

[TOOL] VGTab: Control your Vega in macOS without flashing the vBios

With the settings in my kext and my card, my temps never reach 75C, usually around 72C, when running Heaven.

Why is your utilization at 23% after the benchmark is done? Even with your fan at 4000+RPM, the temp is 39C. That's very high.

Also, why use config.plist to inject? Why not just use the kext?
Now utilization is 0%. Maybe its not immediately throw down to zero i dont know. Thats what i am talking about: after gpu job is done fan rpms start RISING. its so stupid.

Ok i will try your kext now. but none of my kexts did not work and did not affect - only plist.

I have all my hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and it works fine.

I have all my hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and it works fine.
Yes just rebooted and fan starts rising without benchmark or anything - kext did not affect on fan at all when i put it into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ (

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 04.40.35.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 04.40.35.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 169
Yes just rebooted and fan starts rising without benchmark or anything - kext did not affect on fan at all when i put it into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ (

Did you set Inject to yes?
Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 9.46.59 PM.png

Thank you. I had 'detect' option instead of 'yes'. Now vgtab kexts are working. But nothing changed with this super speed fan rpm rising after gpu load is gone. ((

Yeah, I think all the people who keep their kexts in /Library/Extensions/ and/or use "Detect" have problems with the VGTab. VGTab works best in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and Clover kext inject set to "Yes".

At least now, you don't have to keep making changes to your config.plist every time you modify your power tables...

I don't know why your fans are not ramping down. I suggest changing settings to make your card run cooler. I spent a lot of time to make sure that my card never exceeds 75C.

Yeah, I think all the people who keep their kexts in /Library/Extensions/ and/or use "Detect" have problems with the VGTab. VGTab works best in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and Clover kext inject set to "Yes".

At least now, you don't have to keep making changes to your config.plist every time you modify your power tables...

I don't know why your fans are not ramping down. I suggest changing settings to make your card run cooler. I spent a lot of time to make sure that my card never exceeds 75C.
Thank you. But seems i am not alone with this problem. I do not need super performance and already experimented whole day with low voltage and frequences. But problem with big cooldown and rising rpm still remains. In windows this vega works like a charm. Low temps and low rpms even in turbo mode(

Back