Register

[TOOL] VGTab: Control your Vega in macOS without flashing the vBios

Yo dude, where did you come up with this excel lol
I can't express how much thanksful I am

View attachment 405685
Now my Vega 64 can unleash it's full power on macOS just like on Windows
Thank you sir!
Can you share the code?
Or explain to me how the excel file works?
I'm on 10.14.5 VegaTab isn't working anymore and Underclocking either..

For your Saphhire Nitro+ the PWM value is 28. Just set this along your desired memory and GPU clocks. Don't change voltages, macOS ignores them.

Don't change voltages, macOS ignores them.
Thats a bummer! So basically no undervolting possible? Has this been the case before 10.14.5?

Does the voltage floor setting for Memory and therefore the „starting point“ for memory OC has any effect?

For your Saphhire Nitro+ the PWM value is 28. Just set this along your desired memory and GPU clocks. Don't change voltages, macOS ignores them.
Ok, but where in the excel file do I enter 28?
---I am a NOOB----

@kubusikan It was never working on macOS. None of the voltage settings changes anything based on power consumption analysis.

@Dutchie2 Even noobs should be able to read, eh? :p
There is just one PWM setting.

Is there anyone can provide prove that undervolt is actually working in MacOS or not?

It is not working

Are there any plans to get this working with the Radeon VII?

I don't think MacOS ignores them TBH. I changed my voltages and my system crashed on Geekbench. Which was weird because I used my AMD Wattman settings from Windows :think:. I'm thinking that the Memory voltage or state 3 did it, so I changed those and next boot it all worked as expected.

Changes that crashed it
Memory Speed = 1100​
Memory Voltage = 975​
P4 Voltage = 900​

Changes that fixed it.
Memory Voltage = 1150​
P4 Voltage = 1050 (P4 in the spreadsheet says it controls Memory voltage as well)

The funny part is that my P4 has a higher voltage than all of my other states now, lol. I'll keep tweaking it though. Tweaking and tuning is never ending, lol.

Radeon Settings Vega64 1.pngRadeon Settings Vega64 2.pngRadeon OSX.png

I don't think MacOS ignores them TBH. I changed my voltages and my system crashed on Geekbench. Which was weird because I used my AMD Wattman settings from Windows :think:. I'm thinking that the Memory voltage or state 3 did it, so I changed those and next boot it all worked as expected.

I use VGTab to generate a SoftPowerPlayTable which I inject using Clover to under volt my Sapphire Vega 64 LC and it does work, resulting in measurable cooler temps. I suspect that it depends on the card as to wether it works or not.

Cheers
Jay

Back