Contribute
Register

[TOOL] VGTab: Control your Vega in macOS without flashing the vBios

Did anyone experiencing fans ramping up or not ramping down after closing a GPU intensive program? For me this fix works wonderfully after booting but the fans fails to ramp down after doing GPUs intensive works...

I am currently using injection method to config.plist, however it doesn't work with kext either.

Stop bothering with injects and install 10.14.5 Beta. Runs 100% stable by now, great performance and working fan control. No reason to keep waiting for the final release. ;)

Stop bothering with injects and install 10.14.5 Beta. Runs 100% stable by now, great performance and working fan control. No reason to keep waiting for the final release. ;)

Assuming injecting power tables isn't broken, I will continue to use VGTab so I can undervolt.

Did anyone experiencing fans ramping up or not ramping down after closing a GPU intensive program? For me this fix works wonderfully after booting but the fans fails to ramp down after doing GPUs intensive works...

I am currently using injection method to config.plist, however it doesn't work with kext either.
I have same issue with msi airboost vega 56. Did you solve this? Is it problem of this msi vega 56? Maybe we need vega 56 from AMD?

I have same issue with msi airboost vega 56. Did you solve this? Is it problem of this msi vega 56? Maybe we need vega 56 from AMD?

I have an MSI Vega 56 Air Boost. VGTab controls the fans fine. I don't have any problems with the fan not ramping back down after it goes up.

I install all my hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

I have an MSI Vega 56 Air Boost. VGTab controls the fans fine. I don't have any problems with the fan not ramping back down after it goes up.

I install all my hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
Can you attach your powertable or kexts, please, i will try? thank you.

Can you attach your powertable or kexts, please, i will try? thank you.

You are welcome to try, but don't expect my power tables to work with your card. Every GPU is a little different. Plus, I use liquid metal thermal compound on my card.

Attachments

• VegaTab.kext.zip
    3 KB · Views: 104
You are welcome to try, but don't expect my power tables to work with your card. Every GPU is a little different. Plus, I use liquid metal thermal compound on my card.
Thank you. Just tried inject table into CLOVER config.plist . And its very very very bad(( When start OS its normal - about 800rpm. Then after 1 minute of Unigine Heaven benchmark temp 77 and 3800 rpm. Then After stop benchmark temp about 50 and 4000rpm even after 5 minutes!! its very very loud still , when i am writing this message its about 3000 rpm. And i spotted one common issue after many many tries vgtab. After stoping benchmark when temp is down, fan spinnig more faster exactly after stop benchmark.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 04.12.50.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 04.12.50.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 04.13.41.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 04.13.41.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 141
In my case vgtab solving issue when you do nothing in your system. But if you use gpu 1 minute, then you must listen noise about 10 minutes of 3000-4000rpm (this depends what max value you put in vgtab). If i will put max value 4000 and target 2500, then while benchmark rpm will be 2500. Then after closing benchmark rpm will increase to 4000rpm, even if temp will be 35-40 degrees. And i must wait about 10 minutes to slow down from 4000rpm (or what was max in vgtab) to min 600rpm (or what was min in vgtab)

Thank you. Just tried inject table into CLOVER config.plist . And its very very very bad(( When start OS its normal - about 800rpm. Then after 1 minute of Unigine Heaven benchmark temp 77 and 3800 rpm. Then After stop benchmark temp about 50 and 4000rpm even after 5 minutes!! its very very loud still , when i am writing this message its about 3000 rpm. And i spotted one common issue after many many tries vgtab. After stoping benchmark when temp is down, fan spinnig more faster exactly after stop benchmark.

With the settings in my kext and my card, my temps never reach 75C, usually around 72C, when running Heaven.

Why is your utilization at 23% after the benchmark is done? Even with your fan at 4000+RPM, the temp is 39C. That's very high.

Also, why use config.plist to inject? Why not just use the kext?

Back