Contribute
Register

[TOOL] [Generate Proper Problem Reporting Files]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, is this output result normal?

Please don't touch your computer until the program is finished.

Do we agree? [Yy/Nn]: y

Cool!

=====================================

+ macOS DEBUG REPORT GENERATOR +

-------------------------------------

+ SCRIPT VERSION 4.3.3 +

+ AUTHOR: black.dragon74 +

Script data directory not present, creating it.

EFI Mount Script (RehabMan) not found. Need to fetch it.

Checking connectivity..

Internet connectivity is all good to go.

Downloading EFI Mount script

Script downloaded. Verifying.

Script is verified.

Setting permissions.

IORegistryExplorer not found at /Applications/IORegistryExplorer.app

Downloading IORegistryExplorer.

Downloaded IORegistryExplorer.

Verifying Downloaded file.

File Verified. Installing.

Installed IORegistryExplorer at /Applications/IORegistryExplorer.app

Found patchmatic at /usr/local/bin/patchmatic

Data will be dumped at /Users/Mac/Desktop/15337

Dumping loaded ACPI tables.

Dumped loaded ACPI tables.

Dumping clover files.

Mounted EFI at /Volumes/EFI (credits RehabMan)

Verifying your EFI files...

You forgot to press F4 or Fn+F4 at clover boot screen.

Please reboot and press F4 or Fn+F4 to dump ACPI origin files.

Unmounted /Volumes/EFI

the last two lines in bold is normal? it was all automated and quick, after pressing Y to agree

hello, is this output result normal?

Please don't touch your computer until the program is finished. Do we agree? [Yy/Nn]: y Cool! ===================================== + macOS DEBUG REPORT GENERATOR + ------------------------------------- + SCRIPT VERSION 4.3.3 + ===================================== ===================================== + AUTHOR: black.dragon74 + ===================================== Script data directory not present, creating it. EFI Mount Script (RehabMan) not found. Need to fetch it. Checking connectivity.. Internet connectivity is all good to go. Downloading EFI Mount script Script downloaded. Verifying. Script is verified. Setting permissions. IORegistryExplorer not found at /Applications/IORegistryExplorer.app Downloading IORegistryExplorer. Downloaded IORegistryExplorer. Verifying Downloaded file. File Verified. Installing. Installed IORegistryExplorer at /Applications/IORegistryExplorer.app Found patchmatic at /usr/local/bin/patchmatic Data will be dumped at /Users/appleiscool/Desktop/15337 Dumping loaded ACPI tables. Dumped loaded ACPI tables. Dumping clover files. Mounted EFI at /Volumes/EFI (credits RehabMan) Verifying your EFI files... [B]You forgot to press F4 or Fn+F4 at clover boot screen. Please reboot and press F4 or Fn+F4 to dump ACPI origin files.[/B] Unmounted /Volumes/EFI

the last two lines in bold is normal? it was all automated and quick, after pressing Y to agree
You forgot to press F4 or Fn+F4 at clover boot screen

You forgot to press F4 or Fn+F4 at clover boot screen

Thanks. it was 1st run.

rebooted, pressed f4

run script again, then needed to press f2 at clover,

rebooted pressed f2

then run script again, then it works creating zip file in folder on desktop

gen_debug_doesn't work

gen_debug works

thanks. will give it another try.

I can see you have specified custom test url as “github.com”. Change it to something else and it’ll work.

Also for others, when you see gen_debug complaining about internet connectivity even when you have it up and running you can override the test URL by writing this in the terminal before you run gen_debug.
Code:
export testURL=“somewebsite.com”

Note: You can also specify this in you “.bash_profile” so that you don’t have to do it everytime.

Folks, this feature was introduced way back. Please read and implement it before you complain about internet not working.

Regards

mine do not work. show ''unable to connect to the internet'' but I'm connected. Any clue?

Hello you and everyone!

I have a good news, I have finally managed to fix this IOReg issue once and for all. What's changed you'll ask? Well, for the normal user, nothing has changed, script will run normally but talking technically, dumpIOREG function has been rewritten completely and is now dynamic. It will automatically increase the delays if it detects that it is running on a slow system. Here's a sneak peak. Update will be live in a few hours. Bear with me until then.

View attachment 315747

Regards

Hello and sorry for hijacking. First of all, thanks for this script. Second, I've been getting this error (google led me to this thread) even though I'm on the latest version (4.3.3). How do I proceed?

Hello and sorry for hijacking. First of all, thanks for this script. Second, I've been getting this error (google led me to this thread) even though I'm on the latest version (4.3.3). How do I proceed?
You give Terminal the accessibility access.

Im booting a dell 7020 which only has 2 ssd's on a PCI card. The Boot drive lives on this PCI card as an M2 SATA drive connected to the Motherboards SATA Port 0, this ssd only has Clover on it, the other ssd drive is an NVMe x4 that sits on the same card and needs drivers loaded before it can be recognised as it runs thru the PCI slot on a machine with no option to boot from a PCI slot. It is this NVME drive that actually holds OSX. Link to setup here .

The issue is that the script seems not to find Clover on the system at all and suggest it may have been booted via a usb. I may have set things up wrong but it does all seem to work and would like advice on how to get the Clover installation to manifest itself within the problem reporting script.

EDIT: Taking advice I copied over the SATA EFI Clover folders from the boot drive to the NMVe EFI drive which holds OSX as its main partition and re ran the script - which ran as it should - reporting no problems in finding Clover, then deleted the copied files. Effective work around for my needs but wondering why and if I should be concerned with my setup.

Thanks

Last edited:
I can see you have specified custom test url as “github.com”. Change it to something else and it’ll work.

Also for others, when you see gen_debug complaining about internet connectivity even when you have it up and running you can override the test URL by writing this in the terminal before you run gen_debug.
Code:
export testURL=“somewebsite.com”

Note: You can also specify this in you “.bash_profile” so that you don’t have to do it everytime.

Folks, this feature was introduced way back. Please read and implement it before you complain about internet not working.

Regards

Many thanks! This solved my problem.

Hello
Help please read the kernel panic log correctly. hakintosh works well. but if I don’t turn it off at night, in the morning I find it hanging on the splash screen. he does not react to any button. You have to turn it off with the power button. kernel panic log in attachments. Also did debag. Unfortunately in the Russian segment of the Internet I could not find information. Perhaps you can tell me what to fix so that the problem is gone. Thank.

Processor: intei core i5 - 3570 | Motherboard: asus p8z77-v lx | Video card: Radeon RX 580 8gb | OS version and bootloader: Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.5 clover 4972

sorry for my wonderful English))) this is all Google translator

Attachments

• Kernel_2019-07-17-100755_LeOns-iMac.panic.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 83
  • debug_5516.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back