Contribute
Register

[TOOL] [Generate Proper Problem Reporting Files]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to generate the files. I have a legacy system that does not use the efi partition, and f keys at clover boot do not produce anything. How do I generate the problem report files on my system?

I have been trying to generate the files. I have a legacy system that does not use the efi partition, and f keys at clover boot do not produce anything. How do I generate the problem report files on my system?

This script works only with Clover installed to the EFI.
Even with legacy boot, you can/should install Clover to the EFI.

Unfortunately, with the nvme I have I can only boot from another device (in my case a usb), since the system does not see it. Any other way? I am dealing with random reboots with no crash/panic logs.
Have been trying a mess of stuff though.

Unfortunately, with the nvme I have I can only boot from another device (in my case a usb), since the system does not see it. Any other way? I am dealing with random reboots with no crash/panic logs.
Have been trying a mess of stuff though.

When you boot from an EFI/Clover that is on a different device, you must collect EFI/Clover manually.

Yes. Only thing is that the generate script errors out at acpi tables, claiming I did not press fn key (tried all combos at clover boot, waiting etc.)

Yes. Only thing is that the generate script errors out at acpi tables, claiming I did not press fn key (tried all combos at clover boot, waiting etc.)

You should check your EFI partition for files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin and EFI/Clover/misc/preboot.log.

I have checked all EFI partitions on all the disks, no files generated. I have pressed Shift, Alt, Ctrl and any other key I could think of + F2 and/or F4. Maybe because of my unorthodox setup? How do I manually dump all the needed files, since the script seems to not work correctly for me? I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue since the 10.14 update came out (month or so?) Thank you very much for your guidance so far.

@black.dragon74 : did you ever boot into single user mode -s and test if gen_debug works? I just tried - it doesn't (10.13.6).

I there any way you can adapt gen_debug to also work in -s mode? That would be very useful for rigs that don't boot into the Desktop UI.

@black.dragon74 : did you ever boot into single user mode -s and test if gen_debug works? I just tried - it doesn't (10.13.6).

I there any way you can adapt gen_debug to also work in -s mode? That would be very useful for rigs that don't boot into the Desktop UI.

gen_debug.sh is not intended to work in single user mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back