Contribute
Register

[TOOL] [Generate Proper Problem Reporting Files]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. I only have one machine on me as of now, I can't risk a beta software on it. Can you please check (in your free time) why is IOREG save failing on Mojave? Many users are reporting that.

Regards

Pls fyi pic. I divided a small space to run Mojave. :)
屏幕快照 2018-06-06 上午11.43.57.png

I have found the problem.
Due to the unused folder /CLOVER/ in ESP partition, Rehabman's mount_efi.sh script unmount my EFI Partition, remount ESP Partition and change the name to EFI. So the file will never be found....
Delete /CLOVER/ in ESP partition will solve this special problem for me. Perhaps it doesn't need a fix for others at all...

I mean that time will not go randomly when i'm offline, not saying that i'm offline when running this script.

Sorry about that.
No idea what you mean unused folder /CLOVER/ in ESP partition.
Usually, ESP/EFI partition includes EFI folder, and EFI folder includes BOOT and CLOVER folders.
There is no problem with RM's script running on my devices.
Good luck.
test.png

Because in my case i create a partition of my own and install clover in it, modify UEFI to let it boot from this partition. So RM's script will never detect this. The script will think "No bootloader installation found. Maybe user is booting from USB."
That's my own problem.

Last edited:
Because in my case i create a partition of my own and install clover in it, modify UEFI to let it boot from this partition. So RM's script will never detect this. It will think "No bootloader installation found. Maybe user is booting from USB."

You mean that unused the ESP partition of local disk to boot. So ESP partition does not include CLOVER?
Such as maybe booting from USB.
Already known the reason is easy to solve....
Could you put EFI into the ESP partition of local disk? And run RM's script.

A little suggestion for the script: put the order of verifying EFI files earlier (before dumping kextcache), so it won't need to wait some time if someone has out-dated ACPI/Preboot files.

Guys! Update is rolling out now. It contains re-ordered file verification. The CLOVER files are verified at the start of the program and hence, saves a lot of time.

Regards

Hello Black.dragon,

Great tool thank you. May I suggest that you also mask the CustomUUID in SystemParameters?

Cheers,

MacVideoPro

Hi Everyone.
So, I am installing macOS Mojave and I am having a bit of a problem. I would like to ask in the forum about it. Therefore, I need to gather the files to report. My Mojave does not have Internet now. So, I followed the guide on your Github repo to install the tool offline.
Once I try to run it, it gave the following error: "This version of IORegistryExplorer is not recommended".
Well, I downloaded all the files from your repo. I checked the version of ioreg, it is 2.1
I have also downloaded this version from the internet and put it inside Applications. The same issue happened.
Would you please suggest what's wrong?
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back