Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Skylake Thunderbolt 3 Test Build: GA-Z170X-UD5-TH - i5-6600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have same board and Radeon RX 580 as well. Running an NVMe M.2 SSD on a PCIe board with APFS because the onboard M.2 only runs at x2 and PCIe at x4. No problems at all everything works fine. Just upgraded to 10.14.1 without issue except USB 3.0. Port limit patch broke so I lost some 3.0 ports. Fixed by using only 14 ports by eliminating 2 USB 2.0 ports (which I rarely use anyway) and a custom SSDT for port mapping. TB3 works as does USB c ports. Sleep, etc.

I have this same board with a 6700K processor and Mojave works fine. I was running High Sierra and simply upgraded.
Hi @LSP, @EddyMac. would it be possible to post your config pilist. I have the same Z170X-UD5 TH board and RX 580 graphics card but having some problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @LSP, @EddyMac. would it be possible to post your config pilist. I have the same Z170X-UD5 TH board and RX 580 graphics card but having some problems.

Of course. I've also attached my custom ssd for usb ports
The only kexts in my Other folder are AppleALC,FakeSMC, Lilu, NoVPAJPEg.
Drivers in screenshot

Using Mac17,1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 8.40.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 8.40.10 AM.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 226
  • USB-SSDT.aml
    10.9 KB · Views: 252
  • config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 278
Of course. I've also attached my custom ssd for usb ports
The only kexts in my Other folder are AppleALC,FakeSMC, Lilu, NoVPAJPEg.
Drivers in screenshot

Using Mac17,1
Thanks a lot mate. I will give it a go later and let you know how I get on

Hi @tonymacx86 and all people in this post :) ! I have a Z170X-UD5TH with i7-6700k and working with HD530 and Mojave, and I get this Benchmark results (Attached pic)

It's far from your results with same config... Is this correct or I need to check something?
BTW All working well in my Hackintosh, but maybe could be better, right?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not familiar with Geekbench, I did it with Geekbench 5 and i saw that Geekbench 4 shows different results... Maybe this is why my results looks far from another users, right?

Attachments

• Benchmark.png
    Benchmark.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Hi @tonymacx86 and all people in this post :) ! I have a Z170X-UD5TH with i7-6700k and working with HD530 and Mojave, and I get this Benchmark results (Attached pic)

It's far from your results with same config... Is this correct or I need to check something?
BTW All working well in my Hackintosh, but maybe could be better, right?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not familiar with Geekbench, I did it with Geekbench 5 and i saw that Geekbench 4 shows different results... Maybe this is why my results looks far from another users, right?

That result seems about right for GB5

check in your BIOS to disable video if not (not both neither enable) for HD530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back