Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Skylake Thunderbolt 3 Test Build: GA-Z170X-UD5-TH - i5-6600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the saucy comment LostVector... not very helpful...but yes, I have read that post among many others but so far I haven't found the right combination of patches & fixes to solve my issue. That's why I'm also asking, at the same time, others with similar motherboards what their process and experiences have been. Helps me be...more literate :)

Thanks for the saucy comment LostVector... not very helpful...but yes, I have read that post among many others but so far I haven't found the right combination of patches & fixes to solve my issue. That's why I'm also asking, at the same time, others with similar motherboards what their process and experiences have been. Helps me be...more literate :)
Process:
1) Install USBInjectAll.kext to clover kexts
2) Of the ports listed in ioreg, note which ones don't do anything when you plug a mouse into it and which ones do. If you plug a mouse into HS01, then you can assume that SS01 is also a valid port (HS is for the USB 2.0 part of the port and SS is for the USB 3.0 part).
3) Add the ports that don't do anything to "uia_exclude" parameter of boot arguments in config.plist like this:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;USR1;USR2;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;HS02
4) Reboot
5) if more ports are shown in ioreg, then repeat to find which of the new ports are valid or not. Repeat until there are no new ports to check.

Since my motherboard adds 26 ports, I need to exclude 11 to get to the 15 port limit.

Great, thanks for the tips!

Thanks for checking out the build!

Thank you for nice guide!

Do you have any issues with onboard audio? I have cracles before audio starts to play. And audio lost after wake.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had success with the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH running a Samsung 960 M.2 SSD? From what I have found most are using SATA SSD drives, is there a reason for this? I am hoping to run the new generation M.2 SSD's.

Many thanks in advanced for your help with any info on this :)

I'm a month late replying to this - sorry, I've been out of the country - but I think I've useful info. I'm running exactly this mobo, and I have a 900GB M.2 SSD as my OSX system drive, so it DOES work.

However, it's important to clarify that the M.2 port is a port that can handle different sorts of SSDs. Mine is a SATA, so it worked out of the box but, as people elsewhere in the thread have said, there are also NVMe devices that will plug in there, but that a vanilla OSX installer USB won't see.

You probably know all that by now, but it might be helpful for others!

only Peripherals > Intel(R) Thunderbolt > Security Level - [Legacy Mode] .

When you update your Bios to F20 the Bios screen is looking different (red design) and under Security level there is no option "Legacy Mode" anymore .

One of the option is "No Security"

When you update your Bios to F20 the Bios screen is looking different (red design) and under Security level there is no option "Legacy Mode" anymore .

One of the option is "No Security"

Hi! Thanks for replying!

Funnily enough, I figured this out at 10 to midnight last night, and my system now works! Well, it crashes on boot some of the time, and other times it boots OK.

If anyone is interested in my exact working config, please reply, and I'll break it down for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back