Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Skylake Thunderbolt 3 Test Build: GA-Z170X-UD5-TH - i5-6600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Schustah ,You write ,no install Windows ,how are you do? because I have Intel(R) Thunderbolt > Security Level - [Legacy Mode] but not start ,I have Apollo Twin duo with Stardock TB3/TB Adapter

Thanks for explain how you have do :) !!!

hi tony
i have purchased

gigabyte z170x ud5th MOBO
corsair 16gb 2400mhz ram
intel i7 6700k
corsair h80i v2 cooler
ASUS GT 710 Graphics card 2gb.
samsung 850 evo 256gb SSD.

i got everything in stalled but

i can't get d proper working of graphics card
, i am attaching the pic of error , and only if i use boot flag nv_disable=1 hfs volume boot.
i tried using nvda_drv=1 and inject nvidia combination , but i couldn't boot up .

the problem is , i got a 2gb graphics card but it shows vram=7MB , i can't understand whats going on .

kindly help me as soon as possible ................

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 235
i can't get d proper working of graphics card
, i am attaching the pic of error , and only if i use boot flag nv_disable=1 hfs volume boot.
i tried using nvda_drv=1 and inject nvidia combination , but i couldn't boot up .

My GT 710 is a 1GB not a 2GB but it works without nvda_drv=1 and without inject nvidia.
It has native support - Web drivers not required.
The 7mb vram is because you have disabled the drivers with nv_disable=1.

S
My GT 710 is a 1GB not a 2GB but it works without nvda_drv=1 and without inject nvidia.
It has native support - Web drivers not required.
The 7mb vram is because you have disabled the drivers with nv_disable=1.
so is ter any way to boot without using nv_disable=1 ?

S

so is ter any way to boot without using nv_disable=1 ?

It should work if you do not inject Nvidia or nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist and do not use the web drivers.

Last edited:
suggestion Tony, \\
add to after step 7
my BIOS completely reset upon upgrade, so when I booted up into Mac OS the first time after updating the thunderbolt firmware, it failed...remind people to reset their default BIOS settings ....
great guide thanks!!!
not sure if TH is working, and I have no devices, so I will get one, and test eventually....
STEP 2: Update Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH BIOS to F5 or greater
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5479&kw=GA-Z170X-UD5 TH1.0#bios

STEP 5: Download and install the latest Thunderbolt Driver and Software (16.1.47.275)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5479&kw=GA-Z170X-UD5 TH1.0#driver

STEP 4: Download and install Thunderbolt FW Update Tool (B16.0818.1)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5479&kw=GA-Z170X-UD5 TH1.0#utility

STEP 5: Navigate to This PC > Local Disk > Program Files (x86) > GIGABYTE > FlashTBT > FlashTBT_100

STEP 6: Run FlashTBT_100 Application

STEP 7: Shut down computer and unplug power cable for 30 seconds

At this point you can either boot Windows or OS X to test functionality of various adapters. As far as my Startech adapter and older Thunderbolt peripherals go, Thunderbolt 3 works, but like Thunderbolt 2, Thunderbolt 3 devices cannot hotswap. User must connect any adapters and devices at boot time in order for devices to mount.

Here are a few pics of the Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter and Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter functioning in OS X:

Thanks for checking out the build! :D

everything works fine, thx Tony ! Stardock TB3/TB Adapter works with Universal Audio UAD Apollo Interface without problems. No Windows install, only Peripherals > Intel(R) Thunderbolt > Security Level - [Legacy Mode] .

regards from Germany :)
I can't seem to get my Apollo working, haven't been able to get El Cap to see it once :( followed all of Tony's steps, don't know what else to try now

It should work if you do not inject Nvidia or nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist and do not use the web drivers.
So can u tell me what are boot flags required at d clover start to get to the installer ?

So can u tell me what are boot flags required at d clover start to get to the installer ?

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

You said in Post #42 that you have already installed Sierra El Capitan.
There is no need to reinstall it, just edit your config.plist.

Last edited:
No i haven't installed sierra, I wanted to install El Capitan 10.11.6 .

Can you help me out with d boot flags ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back