Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just note re 10.9.4 - I updated with no problems using the new Multibeast. Machine still rock solid.

Doubt this is relevant to others, but was having problems with iTunes - turned out the hard drive hosting iTunes was the problem; moved it and all okay again. Unrelated to either Mavericks or hackintosh.

I checked Chameleon Wizard and I saw that iMac14,2 is the closest configuration to the one of this thread, especially in my case where I use GTX 760 and iMac14,2 has GTX 775M.

However, now the audio card gets sent to low-power mode after few seconds of inactivity, meaning that I get a POP when sound is used again.
This didn't happen with MacPro3,1 that I was using before, according to this guide. I changed trying to offer OS X a closer idea of what I actually have, in order to maybe solve the freeze I get once a week without any apparent reason.

At this point I would then ask: how to choose the fake Mac model? why are you all using MacPro3,1 (Penryn, ages old)? I saw tonymacx is still using it for his most recent builds with Z97 and Haswell.

Thanks.

...At this point I would then ask: how to choose the fake Mac model? why are you all using MacPro3,1 (Penryn, ages old)? I saw tonymacx is still using it for his most recent builds with Z97 and Haswell.
The default Mac Pro 3,1 System Definition just works and is the easiest to get your installation up and running. The other SysDefs are for fine tuning with DSDT and or SSDTs. I've tried the iMac14,2 with a SSDT but I couldn't figure out how to stop the popping. So, I went back to MP3,1 and made a new SSDT. Works OK. It just depends how much work you want to do with your hack.

The default Mac Pro 3,1 System Definition just works and is the easiest to get your installation up and running. The other SysDefs are for fine tuning with DSDT and or SSDTs. I've tried the iMac14,2 with a SSDT but I couldn't figure out how to stop the popping. So, I went back to MP3,1 and made a new SSDT. Works OK. It just depends how much work you want to do with your hack.

Thanks for confirming you also had the popping.

SSDT on a Gigabyte then? I thought not necessary.
Could you list the steps, if different from http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html
I executed
Code:
~/ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'E3-1230 v3'

You're thinking of a DSDT which isn't needed on the Gigabyte Ivy Bridge systems and newer unless you are doing fine tuning and are knowledgeable in the use of DSDTs.

The SSDT that you referenced is for processor power manage. I ran the script w/o any parameters and it sensed my system information. As an example, here's my steps for my Hector (H97N-WIFI) system.

You're thinking of a DSDT which isn't needed on the Gigabyte Ivy Bridge systems and newer unless you are doing fine tuning and are knowledgeable in the use of DSDTs.

The SSDT that you referenced is for processor power manage. I ran the script w/o any parameters and it sensed my system information. As an example, here's my steps for my Hector (H97N-WIFI) system.

It worked thanks! As written here in post #294:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-cpu-igpu-power-management-30.html#post849402
however OS X thinks I have an Ivy Bridge instead of Haswell, because I am using MacPro6,1 as platform (I thought, better to choose the model closest to my config, instead of 3,1).

Since this issue applies all the time, given that people routinely use MacPro3,1, I suppose it has no effect?

It worked thanks! As written here in post #294:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-cpu-igpu-power-management-30.html#post849402
however OS X thinks I have an Ivy Bridge instead of Haswell, because I am using MacPro6,1 as platform (I thought, better to choose the model closest to my config, instead of 3,1).

Since this issue applies all the time, given that people routinely use MacPro3,1, I suppose it has no effect?

Best choice in my opinion would be to use an iMac14.x system definition as that is closest to a true iMac 2013 today, being that you are using an 1157 socket CPU, whereas a new Mac Pro 2013 (6,1) uses an 2011 socket CPU.

Is the audio popping constantly or is it only at first sound? If the latter, try anti-pop. :thumbup:

I already thought about a similar solution but I cannot accept such solution. Since many of the users including the most experienced ones are using MacPro3,1, MacPro6,1 should be good enough.

M problem is another one: yesterday I rebooted multiple times to check that after SSDT, MacPro6,1 ... everything was working ok. I also checked sleep and wake up multiple times. No problems.

This morning I found the computer "on" (well, the light was on) even if I left it in sleep before going to bed.
I forced it off (because everything was black) and now I cannot even get into the BIOS. The keyboard is powered on because the logo in it is lit, the monitor "feels" some signal for some seconds in the beginning, but then goes back to power-save.
the mouse is connected but its LED light is off therefore I cannot say that BIOS is working but I miss the video signal: if BIOS were working I would get the light on the optical mouse.

The LEDs on the ethernet connector are lit, the motherboard is not dead (I can also hear the fans spinning up and then down upon power-on).

Since I cannot even get into BIOS, and since I tested reboot and sleep multiple times yesterday, I would say it's not related to OSX or bootloader or that stuff, it may be an hardware or some other issue.

After 10+ years of Mac, I have no more experience on the topic. Do you have any idea?
My plan:
- disconnect everything, power included
- keep only two sticks RAM
- keep video card, since I have no iGPU
- reconnect keyboard, monitor, mouse, turn on again.
- if not working, reset BIOS (but I think I have double BIOS, the backup copy should work anyway).

Anything else?

Thanks!

Edit: I realise this may be off-topic here. Feel free to move this post to a new topic if needed.

Edit 2: the computer is behind APC smart-UPS, spikes in the power grid are filtered.

Updated to 10.9.4
Updated audio drivers, and seems ok. I'd forgotten how to use unibeast/ multibeast and it all ended up taking longer than need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back