Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I installed my hack with my screen 24 on DVI, everything worked, the hack is launched on the 24 DVI.
I then installed my screen 29'' HDMI and Dual Screen doesn't work and 29'' Displayed 1920x1080 instead of 2560x1080.
Now I have a freeze to launch MacOS if I try to run the hack on the DVI.
And i can't still have dual screen naturally.

Afraid this is likely well beyond my limited capabilities. I can only make very basic suggestions: try booting and checking the about this mac info to see if it is showing the displays at all. Also perhaps the display menu app (free in apple store), it has some features to detect / change (if this works, you might be able to remove the plist change you made). Finally, check the console app to see if it is showing errors at all related to display.

I haven't read the entire thread but my impression is multiple displays have worked well with this motherboard. Which might indicate it's worth trying reinstalling and double-checking throughout.

I had posted this in another spot but it seems that it would go well here instead. I finished installation of mavericks on a GA-Z87MX-D3H and everything is working fine except for one thing. When I select shutdown, my computer restarts instead. It does the same when I select sleep. I have disabled wake on lan but that didn't work. Any other ideas? The rest of my build is below:
i7-4770 Quad Core 3.4 GHZ
ASUS GTX650-DC-1GD5
SDSSDX-120G-G25
ST31000524AS
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
Corsair ATX12V/EPS12V 456 Power​

I had posted this in another spot but it seems that it would go well here instead. I finished installation of mavericks on a GA-Z87MX-D3H and everything is working fine except for one thing. When I select shutdown, my computer restarts instead. It does the same when I select sleep. I have disabled wake on lan but that didn't work. Any other ideas? The rest of my build is below:
i7-4770 Quad Core 3.4 GHZ
ASUS GTX650-DC-1GD5
SDSSDX-120G-G25
ST31000524AS
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
Corsair ATX12V/EPS12V 456 Power​

The "wake on lan" you disabled, was it in the Preferences section? If so, there's a similar setting in the bios you need to disable.

diddl14,

Having same problem with WOL on my GA-Z87MX-D3H. Can you provide a guide on how you made the kext edit? Since making the edit has it been stable for you? thanks!

Missing bluetooth controller transport with firewire/multiple displays

Whenever I plug into my firewire before i boot or try to use multiple displays I get the Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport error. If i boot the computer without the firewire and plug it in after the boot it will work just fine.
Specs:
Intel Core i7-4770K
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2765-KR
CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2
GIGABYTE GA-Z87MX-D3H
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Exp
Fractal Design Core 1000 FD-CA-CORE-1000-USB3-BL
ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X - OEM
Fractal Design Silent Series R2 FD-FAN-SSR2-92 92m
SanDisk SDSSDP-256G-G25 2.5" 256GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive

Having same problem with WOL on my GA-Z87MX-D3H. Can you provide a guide on how you made the kext edit? Since making the edit has it been stable for you? thanks!

Here's a link to the version I'm using: http://wikisend.com/download/743902/AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
So far this is running stable. Note however that in various forums, people have been reporting issues with AppleIntelE1000e 2.5.4.

Here's a brief guide in case you like to built it yourself from source.

To make the change yourself:
- download Apple xcode from the AppStore (free)
- download the latest driver source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/
- open the project and change the build-settings to the latest base sdk (see warnings)
- in AppleIntelE1000e.cpp, copy the following code from AppleIntelE1000e::stop to the end of method AppleIntelE1000e::disable, before pciDevice->close(this):

e1000_power_down_phy(adapter);
bool wake;
__e1000_shutdown( &wake, false);

- build and manually install

To install, copy the new driver to, for example, /tmp, than in terminal:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /tmp/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
sudo kextunload -b com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e
sudo cp -v -R /tmp/AppleIntelE1000e.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns
sudo kextutil AppleIntelE1000e.kext
sudo rm -R /tmp/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Hope this helps.

For support and other driver questions, I would suggest to take the discussion over here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/205771-appleintele1000ekext-for-108107106105

With a bit of luck, the person that ported the driver from linux (hank) with join the discussion...

Hope this helps..

I disabled wake on lan in the bios. I am thinking i may have to do a fresh install as I haven't found any solutions that have worked.

-In response to quandd's solution

Hello! Just set up a very similar build and typing on it for the first time! I am having some frustration with regards to the CPU clock, however mine looks just like yours! On the first screenshot of the BIOS, it shows the clock to be at 35, or 3.5ghz, but then on the top left the core clock says 3900mhz/3.9ghz. Why is that? I'm assuming its the turboboost, but whether I boot up with Windows 7 or OS X, it always shows 3.9 ghz on "about mac" or cpu-z on windows. Should I be concerned? The only way I can get it to be exact is if I go into the BIOS and choose 34 for example, then that pegs it at 3.4gHz, but otherwise I can never get it to stay at 3.5. I'm just a bit worried about damaging the CPU as I don't have an aftermarket cooler or heatsink yet.

I am running F3 BIOS, the latest available is F6.

a) Should I upgrade?
b) How do I do it from OSX?

TNX!

EDIT: I figured it out... <END> key during booting allows loading bios from a usb flash drive. I am now on F6.

I just built this machine with 10.9.1; and it's working great. I did run into one issue during the build where it wouldn't boot unibeast or the installed OS from integrated graphics using a VGA cable; switching to a DVI cable fixed the issue. The last message seen in verbose mode was

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

http://quickwebgems.blogspot.com/2013/11/hackintosh-iobluetoothhcicontrollerstar.html

thanks again, this site is a great resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back