Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

is anyone here experiencing system freezes when doing USB tranfers, e.g. copying a movie to an iPad?
Played around with USB settings in the BIOS didn't help. Any other ideas? This is all new to me ...

@tomvtennis: I did get this error message, when I tried to use some more recent FakeSMC. The newest FakeSMC that is working without a problem is version 5.3.820

Have you tested your memory?, do a MemTest86 to verify ...

Yesterday I did a test, all ok, but the memories were not set to xmp profile1, does the same?

I would try to reformat and use multibeast 6.1, who knows, maybe I solve this!

Is it always good the configuration file tonymac?
(10.9 Mavericks - MultiBeast 6.0. Config MB: GA-Z87MX-D3H.mb)

I experimented a bit with my BIOS and it seems like it does pretty much not matter at all which settings I take, the system will always start! (only EHCI and XHCI Hand-Off must be enabled).
Doesn't matter if my RAM runs at "default" (no XMP Profile selected) with 1333MHz or if I choose XMP Profile1 with 1600MHz. I now even overclocked it to 2133MHz and it still runs.

A friend of me got system freezes and reboots while in sleep mode. The solution was to remove HWSensors (ACPISensors, CPUSensors, GPUSensors, LPCSensors) kexts.

Maybe you got those installed?

A friend of me got system freezes and reboots while in sleep mode. The solution was to remove HWSensors (ACPISensors, CPUSensors, GPUSensors, LPCSensors) kexts.

Maybe you got those installed?
I have those sensors installed I think, though I don't use sleep mode at all. Worth a try.

Another successful build here!

I7 4770K 3.5ghz + GA-Z87MX-D3H + Galaxy 660 Ti 3GB + 16gb 1600mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Kit + 2x Samsung 830 120Gb SSD (RAID 0)

Unibeast booted flawlessly without any flag at all and i don`t need any flag for the final installation too (except the flag for RAID boot identification).

The hole process was really smooth, even for the RAID config i just followed this video.

Some benchs (no OC):

Blackmagic - z87 - 830RAID.jpgScreen Shot 2014-01-18 at 10.00.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-18 at 10.00.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-18 at 10.16.40 AM.png

I was wondering if you are able to share your BIOS mod with me. I have a similar Gigabyte motherboard which I have added Ozmosis and kexts to and I can install the stock OSX but it will not boot it stops at the gray apple screen.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back