Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same build with a BenQ GL2450 monitor.

Works great except for videos that freeze after a few seconds of playback. Does it with youtube, vimeo...

Updated to latest flash. Same issue.

Any suggestions?

Hi there, thankx for your work. My System is running nicely. But if have a Problem with the spdif coax out header.
I got it from gigabyte because my sound system has only a coaxial spdif input. But i couldn't get it to work.

It is plugged in correctly on the mb. This is my Multibeast Config
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4uczuork2hssje/Screenshot 2013-11-23 15.34.26.png

don't know what i can do now. Any helping words?

I have this basic build, but with the i5 processor, and one other build based around a GA-Z87N-WIFI.

My problem is that on both systems, I loaded the Realtek ALC892 sound board drivers (via MultiBeast) and they will operate flawlessly with speakers plugged into the motherboard's sound output, but if you connect a pair of "purely" USB speakers, there is no sound. The volume icon displays when you adjust the volume, but no sound.

From what I have seen, some people have operated USB speakers without loading the Realtek drivers. Can someone verify that?

Edit: SOLVED. stupid IOS X newbie. Just needed to go to settings and select USB for audio output. :oops:

Hi everyone,
After several days I managed to install Mavericks just now. I am using this gigabyte mx motherboard. After settirunning Multiibeast and rebooting I have two issues that maybe you can help me with.

The first is after the initial Mac startup screen with the spinning doojigee, my screen turns to snow until I click the mouse a couple times, and then I get the login page.

The second problem is I have no internet/Ethernet. I normally connect with an Ethernet connection to a router extension (which has worked throughout the process until now that I am "finished." I am hoping these are easy fixes that I goofed up somewhere.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

OK,

Fixed the internet problem--I had clicked the wrong box in MultiBeast and installed the Realtek driver instead of the Intel. I cut that finger off so that won't happen again.

Now on to the snowy startup screen ...

I noticed there are dedicated threads for these problems, so I will check those out and post problems there.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO TONY AND MACMAN FOR ENABLING US TO DO THIS.

This is the first computer build I have ever done, and i always wanted to do one, but didn't want to run windows, so you have made it possible for me to fulfill this dream.

Beginner to this Hackintosh stuff but just built one of these mATXs
i7=4770K, GA-z87mx-dsh, 16G Ram, 128 plextors SSD for maverick, 120 intel ssd for win 8 (not done yet), 2 tb WD caviar for data, TP link wifi

Nice, though it has the tendency to go to sleep and being difficult to wake from - have to reset/ reboot from. But super fast boot and super quiet.

Thanks Tony

An update if anyone interested, now installing Windows 8 to the second SSD. Tried to be 'lazy' and not disconnect the other HDs but getting an Error code 0x80070570 at 0% installation. Googling suggested a DVD disk problem (legit disk) but in the end bit the bullet, opened up the case and disconnected all drives except the windows target. Now gone past that error message, fingers crossed.

And it completed okay. Updated to 8.1 from 8 and did the HFS, time sync stuff too. Nice guides everyone!

Has anyone found a solution the the imessage problem? I instaled fileNVRAM 1.1.2 & 1.1.3. Neither worked, any suggestions??

Thanks all.

Everything else is working except iMessage

I can't get iMessage to work either, but at the moment my system freezes have finally stopped (hopefully been running solid for nearly 24 hours now, compared to 4/5 before) Got this to happen by leaving the xmp settings as default instead of profile 1. Also have flashed my BIOS to the custom F5, however don't know if this has any affect as it was freezing on this with the xmp setting.

Anyway, if you've changed the xmp profile setting and are having system freezes give it a try. RAM is still recognised in about this mac as 1600 (what it should be, corsair vengeance). Geekbench score could be higher but at the moment it is working so who am I to complain!

Attachments

• about this mac.jpg
    about this mac.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Details.jpg
    Details.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Geekbench.jpg
    Geekbench.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.