Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks UtterDisbelief,

My config.plist is in attachment. On EFI I have FakeSMS and AtherosE2200ethernet kexts. The kexts in LE are in the attached picture.

Okay...

The problem as I understand it was dead ports once the OS has loaded (?) This points to the controllers.

Background:

By default a Z87 has 14x ports - 6x USB3 and 8x USB2 - but the manufacturer, MSI, can decide how many of these to implement. There are 3x controllers on the Z87 chip, here are their Device IDs:

EHCI 1 = 8086_8c26
EHCI 2 = 8086_8c2d
XHCI = 8086_8c31

EHC for USB2 and XHC for USB3.

You can verify this with Hackintool if you want.

Nowadays the latest chipsets only have an XHCI controller but it handles the USB2 ports too.

What we have:

1) Your IOReg file needs to be one created with version 2.1 of the app. If it was, then it's corrupted somehow and won't load unfortunately.

2) Your config.plist . Surprisingly there's nothing in it. No Kernel and Kext patches, no Acpi patches for USB Port-limit removal. I thought you had entered the Catalina patches? There's not even a system-defintion to tell us which model iMac you are using. Remember if it's iMac19,2 then the original USBInjectAll.kext will not work. Lastly, consider deactivating SIP.

3) L/E kexts - remove the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

4) 3rd-Party USB we'll save for later ...

:)

Last edited:
OK...

I checked hackintool and indeed I have three controllers

I have sent you another one, was using wrong version of the app.
The config.plist was the vanilla I use... proper one is attached.
I have deleted FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 144
OK...

I checked hackintool and indeed I have three controllers

I have sent you another one, was using wrong version of the app.
The config.plist was the vanilla I use... proper one is attached.
I have deleted FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

?

No difference in either.

it's at the bottom of the plist

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleIntelCPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelXCPM</key>
<false/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icons patch</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RXh0ZXJuYWw=
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SW50ZXJuYWw=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g/sPDw==
</data>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g/s/Dw==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g/kPDw==
</data>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g/k/Dw==
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

Weird you don't see it. Trying IOREG again...

it's at the bottom of the plist

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleIntelCPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelXCPM</key>
<false/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icons patch</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RXh0ZXJuYWw=
</data>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SW50ZXJuYWw=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g/sPDw==
</data>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g/s/Dw==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g/kPDw==
</data>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g/k/Dw==
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

Weird you don't see it. Trying IOREG again...

Don't send more by PM - they will be deleted. Site security rules, etc.

The config.plist's you have been posting are not the text above.

Sorry, not sure I can help.

The latest config.plist is almost as bare as before with the exception of the Catalina port-limit removal patch now added.

Although I've tried to explain how the USB sub-system in your build works, without anything substantial to go on, I'm unable to go further.

1) Check your system-definition.
2) Check your security settings.
3) Remove the duplicate FakeSMC kext.
3) Remove FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext until you have a clearer picture of your setup.
4) Try GenericUSBXHCI.kext to activate the ASMedia and Renesas chips.

Last edited:
I have same mobo as Stork: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K so I figured I'll ask here. I'm seeing bunch of extra PR USB Ports in the Hackintool. I'm not able to delete them. When I hit refresh they always come back. Not sure if this is a problem or not but my build has been very unstable after upgrading to Mojave. Sleep sometimes works sometime doesn't. I'm having hard time pinning the problem. I'm attaching screenshot and my config. I'd love to hear some feedback. I don't have USB port limit patches in my config since I've tried to build the correct SSDT-UIAC.aml. Do the extra PR ports indicate a problem with my config?

USB_Ports.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 143
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 145
  • patched.png
    patched.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 126
@tad1, looks like your USB ports are 15 (the green highlight ports). However, you shouldn't have any white ports showing after you've created the two SSDTs per my instructions. I'd remove the SSDTs and reinsert the Remove 15 Port Patch Limit patches back into your config.plist. Then reaccomplish my procedures, making sure each step is followed.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix your sleep problem. Maybe on of the other Moderators can help out here. @UtterDisbelief, @trs96, @pastrychef

@tad1, looks like your USB ports are 15 (the green highlight ports). However, you shouldn't have any white ports showing after you've created the two SSDTs per my instructions. I'd remove the SSDTs and reinsert the Remove 15 Port Patch Limit patches back into your config.plist. Then reaccomplish my procedures, making sure each step is followed.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix your sleep problem. Maybe on of the other Moderators can help out here. @UtterDisbelief, @trs96, @pastrychef

I have same mobo as Stork: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K so I figured I'll ask here. I'm seeing bunch of extra PR USB Ports in the Hackintool. I'm not able to delete them. When I hit refresh they always come back. Not sure if this is a problem or not but my build has been very unstable after upgrading to Mojave. Sleep sometimes works sometime doesn't. I'm having hard time pinning the problem. I'm attaching screenshot and my config. I'd love to hear some feedback. I don't have USB port limit patches in my config since I've tried to build the correct SSDT-UIAC.aml. Do the extra PR ports indicate a problem with my config?

View attachment 433502

Hi there.

Well you can probably resolve your wake-from-sleep problem by changing the port you connect your Bluetooth adapter to, to an "Internal" one. The screengrab shows it's connected to HP23, which is an external USB 2.0 port. If you change it to "Internal" (code "255"), it should stop the instant wake.

There are other factors that can affect sleep too, but try that first.

As for the confusion of ports, I prefer to check using IORegistryExplorer as it shows the "tree nodes" and how the ports are related to each other. They can be XHC, EHC or Hubs etc. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Hackintool, I just "see" things better in tree form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back