Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final update: I noticed my system report showed 7MB RAM for the graphics. Went back into Clover Configurator, and injected a device ID of 0x04128086 and in the Graphics section I injected 0x0d220003 and checked "inject EDID & Intel". Everything is fine now. System boots properly, and zero graphics issues.

Hi Gaucho. I am having the exact same issue with my machine. Z87MX-d3h using HD 4600. It shows 7mb ram. Can you screenshot the specific fields in Clover Configurator you put in? I don't have much experience of using this. My machine is usable, but get distortions and text is pixelated.

Thanks! Any help appreciated.

Hi Gaucho. I am having the exact same issue with my machine. Z87MX-d3h using HD 4600. It shows 7mb ram. Can you screenshot the specific fields in Clover Configurator you put in? I don't have much experience of using this. My machine is usable, but get distortions and text is pixelated.

Thanks! Any help appreciated.
Clover1.png
clover2.png

Fantastic Gauchomac. My computer now recognises Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB. Audio through my display now works also which is a bonus! I feel the text is still somewhat blurred (an example attached). A great step forward though. Thank you! Could this be something to do with QI/QE? I am going to play around with calibration also. Would you expect the frame buffer to be showing 24 bit?

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 21.37.50.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 21.46.02.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 21.46.02.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 226
Fantastic Gauchomac. My computer now recognises Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB. Audio through my display now works also which is a bonus! I feel the text is still somewhat blurred (an example attached). A great step forward though. Thank you! Could this be something to do with QI/QE? I am going to play around with calibration also.

View attachment 295760

glad it worked for you. Frankly, I'm as naive as you are - I had just googled around, and found several settings to put in - I had figured it was an id issue from several other threads I read. Those settings worked the best - but I don't know if they are the best for you. my version is set at imac 14,2. You might also check your system settings/resolution. cheers!

duplicate

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to soup this board up with a faster SSD? I've got a regular SATA SSD, and it's pretty obvious that for my uses (general but photography probably the most notable heavy usage). So I'm considering dropping in a m.2 SSD, since those are now getting pretty cheap and are very fast.

I don't really need this, but it would be nice. I gather from noodling around on here that getting a faster drive happening would be pretty simple, but booting would likely not be possible.

Now, for image files, that would still be a pretty substantial speed-up, but obviously would be nice if it could be made bootable.

IIRC, M.2 SSDs are not supported in the 8-Series motherboard BIOS. The M.2 SSDs started being supported in the later BIOS version of the 9-Series motherboards. So, be sure to check the BIOS update notes or ask Gigabyte Support if your Z87MX has support for M.2 SSDs.

IIRC, M.2 SSDs are not supported in the 8-Series motherboard BIOS. The M.2 SSDs started being supported in the later BIOS version of the 9-Series motherboards. So, be sure to check the BIOS update notes or ask Gigabyte Support if your Z87MX has support for M.2 SSDs.

Yep, does not appear to be supported. Still seems it should be possible to use one as a fast disk - but not booting.

I have some uses it may be important for, but not urgent. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back