Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here has a working Sierra system with HD4600?

I'm having problems with Safari Crashing on video content.
The patch from this post works after reboot but at some point again fails: #187 (AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patch)

Yosemite and El Capitan run without any issues.

Common problem which has been solved. You might be better going back to 10.11.6.

Common problem which has been solved. You might be better going back to 10.11.6.
I'm been reading that it has been solved. Looking for confirmation that it is also solved on GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600. Or does this still also occur on other boards like the H97N-WiFI?

I'm been reading that it has been solved. Looking for confirmation that it is also solved on GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600. Or does this still also occur on other boards like the H97N-WiFI?

Problem happens on majority of machines. My H97N-WIFI and Z97M-D3H has the same problem but I've gone back to 10.11.6 Sierra isn't worth it.

Hate to be stuck on an older version. Will try a dedicated gfx card as it seems to be IGP specific?

Only HD4400/4600 has issues with 10.12. 10.12 don't have much changes anyway except for the features so you're not missing out on much.

Woah. What an ordeal. I've been using this mATX golden build from Mavericks (I think) upgraded to Yosemite. These past few months the whole thing has just been slowly and steadily getting slower. First major issue was Powerpoint, files especially big ones eg 300mb would take 5-10 minutes to load. Initially I thought it was the Office Live I get from work, and so I installed Office 2016 - marginally better. The installation took a whole day to finish, when I could install it in 10 minutes on a 2010 Macbook Air (that was acting as my OSX stand-in whilst I tried to refresh my hackintosh). Disk scans, permissions etc did not help the slow transfers. So in the end, I thought I needed to do a clean install with El Capitan.

First, difficulty getting hold of El Capitan. Then making the Unibeast USB literally took hours. First install seemed to go ok, then on rebooting, my dual screens connected to my GTX760 went blank, and rebooting didn't help. I couldn't get the system back.
So tried to use my MBA to make a new USB, but since it was already on El Capitan, I couldn't download it again. Cue all sorts of attempts including BT. But new USBs (which again took hours) wouldn't boot - despite all sorts of boot order shenanigans. In the end, I flashed the BIOS of the MB. Now I got my UEFI option back on the USB, and then it booted. But rebooting, hell - black screen again. Try the internal graphics I thought, so I unplugged the displayport from the 760 but before I could find the DP on the MB, the single HDMI screen came back on. And when I just replugged the DP back into the 760, both came on. Hallelujah.

So now I'm back online. I even have sound despite not expecting to from some posts. Gingerly I'm setting it up again.

Anyway, TLDR, big ordeal but couldn't have done it without Tony's site. Big thumbs up. If Apple would just update the iMac, Pro or even the mini, I'd have swapped out my Hackintosh for an official machine this past year. Now, I'm hoping this will hold until the Surface Studio is available in my country.

Okay, spoke too soon. The sound output stops after a while and comes back after a reboot. Any ideas please?

Sound is fine as long as I don't allow the computer to sleep.

BTW I bought a fully loaded 2015 MacBook Pro that'll probably replace my Hackintosh. I'll be getting a used Cinema Display for docking.

Sound has kept going but I notice a fair bit of distortion (not down to speakers). Any suggestions for drivers for the onboard sound please? El Capitan currently.

Okay, my MBP is set up with the LED Apple Cinema Display and along with my preexisting ASUS, I now have three 2560x1440 screens (including the MBP) itself. I have transferred my data to the MBP and the windows portion of the 'hackintosh' which I've upgraded to Win10 and will now be using primarily as a Windows machine. So it's goodbye Hackintosh. It's been a fun ride. Thanks to the website/ Tony and everyone who gave me advice. Hopefully, Apple won't be so crappy with their updates that I have to resort to another hackintosh in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back