Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Just changed memory... Waiting to see what's gonna happen in the next few days...

• Now I'm trying to fix the problem with the MOBO. As this MOBO is DualBios, I forced it to restore the main BIOS with the backup one... No good, it restored the same BIOS, F10, from Z87M-D3H (and my MOBO is Z87MX-D3H).
    Also tried to update BIOS directly to the F7... It says Incorrect File Size... as I expected... Any ideas?!

• The problem about booting with a external HDD plugged in:

I forced sometimes to see if it shows a message that I saw just a few times, and I did got it. Maybe someone can show me what to do based on it.

Let's go... I'm feeling that with some effort everything's gonna be fine! At least I hope! lol

Attachments

• IMG_20150428_222845.jpg
    IMG_20150428_222845.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 85
Just for information. There's another Lan-driver available on the other english hackintosh forum (insan...) from the user Mieze. This driver is called IntelMausiEthernet and runs rock solid on the Z87MX-D3H. The other intel drivers which are available via MB are more or less crap. I've tested all of them and only the oldest one worked good.
But with IntelMausiEthernet (v2) you can't go wrong.

Just for info: Mieze did also the Realtek-driver which you can get via MB and it's a top driver

Hello,

The build I am talking about is pretty much this one. Perhaps more like http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...mx-d3h-16gb-2400mhz-memory-gtx-770-4gb-4.html.

I have a general question about the power to the CPU on this mobo.

GA-Z87MX-D3H
The PSU used on my build is a silverstone 750w Gold S-Series SST-ST75F-GS

When connecting to the ATX 12v 2x4 point on the board I could only fit 1 4 pin cable into the slot.
The Build has been working pretty well(aside from a few weird hangs and crashes here and there on the mac side. Windows side has been fine, mostly)

What am I missing out on with not having all 8 pins connected to the psu?

Also, There seems to be a buzzing coming from the speakers. Perhaps coil whine. Unnoticeable with headphones on. But tested with different speakers, with and without Gigabyte OC GeForce 770 GPU issue remains. I'm thinking its PSU that's causing the issue.

Any thoughts?

P.S. don't mean to hijack this thread with a question such as this, but I don't seem to be able to create new discussions on this site.

@Yoru, can't you find those?

16GB (2x8GB)
CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

Yes, but as Stork recommended me not to buy Corsair Sticks I bought the blue G-Skill F3-1600C9D-16GXM ones. I installed them 4 hours ago, loaded default settings in BIOS, and selected X.M.P. Profile 1, so far so good. I will give you guys an update in a few days so fingers crossed.

Hi - I am trying to do a build for a friend. He has the following hardware:

Motherboard: GA-Z87MX-D3H (Bios F7)
RAM: 8GB (4GBx2) Patriot 1866
CPU: Core i5 4670K
SSD: Patriot Pyro 240GB

I am using the integrated graphics on HDMI, but for the installation, I am using a DVI monitor and will switch to HDMI once completed. However, When I boot off the USB for the first time to do the install, I get to the apple screen with the progress bar below, it goes about a quarter of the way and just stops. I will try booting in safe mode next - if that works, I will update here... if it does not, I will boot in verbose mode and will upload a pic to show where it is stopping. Thanks for any help!

Hi - I am trying to do a build for a friend. He has the following hardware:

Motherboard: GA-Z87MX-D3H (Bios F7)
RAM: 8GB (4GBx2) Patriot 1866
CPU: Core i5 4670K
SSD: Patriot Pyro 240GB

I am using the integrated graphics on HDMI, but for the installation, I am using a DVI monitor and will switch to HDMI once completed. However, When I boot off the USB for the first time to do the install, I get to the apple screen with the progress bar below, it goes about a quarter of the way and just stops. I will try booting in safe mode next - if that works, I will update here... if it does not, I will boot in verbose mode and will upload a pic to show where it is stopping. Thanks for any help!

So I was able to get the install completed (rebuilt my install USB and it fixed most everything). The only issue I seem to have now is that I do not have audio over HDMI. I will re-read the thread to see if there is a specific fix for this, but if anyone knows off-hand what I need to do, the help would be appreciated.

So I was able to get the install completed (rebuilt my install USB and it fixed most everything). The only issue I seem to have now is that I do not have audio over HDMI. I will re-read the thread to see if there is a specific fix for this, but if anyone knows off-hand what I need to do, the help would be appreciated.
See the HDMI Audio forum section's sticky threads to achieve HMDI audio > http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/

How did you originally prepare your USB installer? I'm curious about how rebuilding it fixed your problem.

• The problem about booting with a external HDD plugged in:

I forced sometimes to see if it shows a message that I saw just a few times, and I did got it. Maybe someone can show me what to do based on it.

Elitaozao, for this problem, in Bios try to set "Legacy USB support" in AUTO. It works for me.

IMAG4917.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm back almost a month later with the results of changing Tonymacx86's Golden build memory sticks (CML16GX3M2A1600C10) for ones from the Gigabyte Z87MX Memory Support List (blue G-Skill F3-1600C9D-16GXM). I made a little log since I changed the memory sticks and made a fresh install.

02/05/2015
Fresh 10.10.3 install with X.M.P. Memory Profile set to Profile1 and this hardware:

Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
i7 4770K
2x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M2A1600C10 (Slots 1 & 3)
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2Gb
Corsair HX650

03/05/2015
- Screen freeze without any visible KP while using Chrome.

05/05/2015
- Screen freeze with KP at login screen.
O0YqEhA.jpg

07/05/2015
- I didn't do anything in 5min while in login screen and then screen freeze without any visible KP after logging in.

09/05/2015
- Screen freeze with KP while using Chrome.
WWjU8JI.jpg

11/05/2015
- Screen freeze without any visible KP while watching a video in Facebook (Chrome).
- Screen freeze without any visible KP while using Quicklook.

12/05/2015
- Screen freeze without any visible KP after logging in. I previously left the computer in the login screen untouched like 5min.
5hLMJ6a.jpg

- I change the Memory Enhanced Settings option to Enhanced Stability in UEFI.

13/05/2015
- Screen freeze without any visible KP after logging in. I previously left the computer in the login screen untouched like 5min.
9Cmdwtu.jpg

14/05/2015
0rvWc2t.jpg

- Screen freeze with KP while using Evernote.
x8ctG8c.jpg

zkEygJn.jpg

15/05/2015
- Screen freeze without any visible KP while using Chrome.

17/02/2015
- Screen freeze without any visible KP while playing Diablo 3.

18/02/2015
- Screen freeze with KP when I opened Chrome while I was playing Diablo 3. The text was flickering all the time, like if the message was shaw in a loop.
EEXNKdS.jpg

- Screen freeze with KP while playing Diablo 3.
M3aEkRb.jpg

From this day until now I have been with the same issues but I got bored of taking more notes, you get the idea...

I am starting to get really frustrated because I have no clue of what to do next. Do the KP screenshots say anything to any of you?

Thanks for your help guys.

Detailed screenshots all exhibit deadbeef error- which usually is related to memory and graphics. I don't have this build to test with anymore, however I suggest turning off XMP and Integrated graphics in BIOS. Also update BIOS to latest version. If this continues, try installing the alternate NVIDIA drivers. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back