Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could boot with -f only but this doesn't solve your boot issue. Even with a cache rebuild your system isn't booting on its own. Something I don't know what, has corrupted your install drive. Clearing the cache and letting it rebuild should repair it allowing it to boot but this isn't working. In my experience, back up all the data you want to keep. Clean install using your recovery disk 3. You will be back up in an hour. Sorry I couldn't be more of help. You could always continue to use search. Best of luck.

Thanks so much for your help. I at least got back in and not be in safe mode. Wouldn't you know it, this is the first week I've been self-employed! Had to be something that's never happened before and put me out three hours! That's life though and part of having a Hackintosh. I'll rebuild it and have done that before. Fingers crossed nothing else crazy happens.

I've got my system back up and running, only thing not working is sound. I cannot even get options to show up in the system preferences. I've installed 892 as usual. Did both HDA enablers and some other settings. Here is my plist:

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 9.53.08 AM.png

I've tried XMP Profile 1, disabled, changing frequencies, Audio settings in BIOS - so far nothing. This all started happening when my power went out. Would is be advisable to do a CMOS reset for the BIOS?

I've got my system back up and running, only thing not working is sound. I cannot even get options to show up in the system preferences. I've installed 892 as usual. Did both HDA enablers and some other settings. Here is my plist:

View attachment 140017

I've tried XMP Profile 1, disabled, changing frequencies, Audio settings in BIOS - so far nothing. This all started happening when my power went out. Would is be advisable to do a CMOS reset for the BIOS?

Good to hear you are back up running. As for your audio dilemma take a look here No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]
If you still have issues with your audio. Please post all requested files in the linked thread for diagnosis. That way you get the help you require.

Updated to 10.10.4 successfully. See this post for my procedure.

Hi!

Just two quick questions!

A) I have this build since a year more or less and it works like a charm, no freezes, no worries, just perfect. I´m a very happy with it, but every time I see a similar built and somebody posts its score in the geekbench i just feel amazed. Mine is scoring 15k aprox, for a 4´3 i7, with 1866 memory and a Geforce 760, but I´ve seen people with slower memory or non overclocked processor with 18k and even higher score. How is this possible? Is there some tricks to make this build work better?

B) My build is working with the Unibest/Multibeast family from Tonymac, and I am happy with it, but if I reinstall everything with clover, could it have a better performance or am I missing something?

Thanks in avance to all the community, you help me a lot!

Anybody updated to El Capitan? Particularly by moving to Clover instead of Chameleon (per the site recommendations now)?

Have this on my project list for a week or so from now...

I did it yesterday but I had already moved to Clover with Yosemite. Clover is far better.

Couple of things which may or may not apply - I had to use the "inject kexts" option from the Clover Bootscreen to get past the spinning wheel of death on the second boot. Also, had to find the right combo to run Toleda's audio patch to get the sound back. For me, it was audio option "1". Best of luck.

I have installed El Capitan on this mobo with Gigabyte GTX750Ti graphics by following this manual.
I have three problems, first is sound, there is no sound from integrated sound card (ALC892, instead I'm using USB sound card that works OOB).

Second is USB3.0 ports are not working like USB3.0 only in 2.0 mode.

Third problem is that Clover boot loader breaks after few restarts or system shutdowns (5-6). When clover boot breaks, I get the black screen with Apple logo, and a loading line that goes to the end very slowly when it reaches end it can stand like that all day. Then, I have to bootup with USB drive using nv_disable=1 flag and recreate config.plist with Clover Configurator. After I do restart, system starts normally, then I restart it again (or do shutdown) for a few times normally until it does the same thing again (black screen, logo, loading line runs slowly to end and never starts system).

Does anyone have any ideas for solving those three problems?

I have solved Audio problem
Here is a short description how:

Insert AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E
restart
boot in Recovery mode
start terminal and type - CSRUTIL DISABLE
restart
start audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0h.command
answer with y (if ask for HDMI I answered n and wait to process to finish)
restart

setup in Configuration/Audio/Output -> Internal Speakers -it should be there
Check if sound is working

And here is a full explanation
In attachment are the files that I have used.

Problems with USB3.0 and GraphicDriver/Clover boot still remain.

Also I don't know why once I got black boot screen with Clover Icons Boot1.jpg and other time this ugly Boot2.jpg. It does not affect the boot process.

With matts fix I have managed to install USB3.0, he has explained everything excellent and I have just followed his post.
And somehow, after I have successfully installed Audio I have no problems with booting system, I have shut it down for about 20 times till now and it starts every time normaly. I hope that everything is solved now.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
  • Boot1.jpg
    Boot1.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 147
  • Boot2.jpg
    Boot2.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 20.28.17.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 20.28.17.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I've updated with El Capitan - running fine - but can't (so far) get it to boot directly from the system disk. Booting with the USB in clover through to the main disk. When trying to boot from the system disk it goes into a continual loop bringing up the old Chameleon boot screen.

I'm guessing this means I need to remove Chameleon from the system disk?

I'm not using a video card, just the in-built video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back