Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nothing unneeded to my rig has been enabled in the MultiBeast configuration posted by tonymacx86, and I don't need anything more (for mobo, wireless card, RAM, etc.)? Does my wifi card use the same atheros kext?

Actually, 4770 (without the "k") is supposed to be clocked at 3.4 ghz and 3.9 with turbo...
http://ark.intel.com/products/75122/Intel-Core-i7-4770-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz

The locked equivalent to 4770k is 4771, intel switched up their naming system this time, not sure why.

So why then do I have 4.69
Bildschirmfoto 2014-03-18 um 16.31.48.png

So nothing unneeded to my rig has been enabled in the MultiBeast configuration posted by tonymacx86, and I don't need anything more (for mobo, wireless card, RAM, etc.)? Does my wifi card use the same atheros kext?
If your wireless card is this Rosewill N900 wireless PCIe card, then yes.

However, I recommend you install OS X with an active Ethernet connection (don't have te wireless card installed when installing OS X) as sometimes the install with the wireless card causes a problem when trying to log into the Apple's MAS and iCloud. After the installation and logging into iCloud and the MAS, you can install the wireless card and use it. :thumbup:

Is there a way to monitor the cpu temp on this hardware (same mobo but i7 4770 without K).

Tried iStat Menus and HWMonitor, but I don't get any values for fans or cpu temp

You should get them if you chose to use the FakeSMC Plugins in MultiBeast. tonymacx86's MultiBeast configuration in the original post doesn't show them being selected because he doesn't use them. If you didn't select the FakeSMC Plugins when you ran MultiBeast, run MultiBeast again selecting only the FakeSMC Plugins.

You should get them if you chose to use the FakeSMC Plugins in MultiBeast. tonymacx86's MultiBeast configuration in the original post doesn't show them being selected because he doesn't use them. If you didn't select the FakeSMC Plugins when you ran MultiBeast, run MultiBeast again selecting only the FakeSMC Plugins.
Thx, it worked. :)

Another optimizable situation ...
I don't get a new IP when I return from a short standby (just for some seconds). Have to unplug, wait and then connect the rj45 cable again. Is there another solution ?

...Another optimizable situation ...
I don't get a new IP when I return from a short standby (just for some seconds). Have to unplug, wait and then connect the rj45 cable again. Is there another solution ?
Go into the System Preferences > Network > Ethernet > Advanced > TCP/IP tab > (if you're Using DHCP) Renew DHCP Lease. If that doesn't work, you'll have to reboot or unplug/re-plug in the Ethernet cable.

Go into the System Preferences > Network > Ethernet > Advanced > TCP/IP tab > (if you're Using DHCP) Renew DHCP Lease. If that doesn't work, you'll have to reboot or unplug/re-plug in the Ethernet cable.
Thanks I'll try that next time this happens.

Btw. I found out that I can restore my Audio by just going for a few seconds into standby. After returning I had audio back (tested/solved this problem 2 times in a row some minutes ago).

I just did a new build with this board but a smaller processor: i3-4330. Seems fine yet, but I don't seem to get anything out of the DisplayPort. I am using a adapter to DVI-D but the screen does not get recognized. I already tried all of the HD 4600 IGPlatformIDs but none did change that. Any ideas? The adapter worked fine with a Geforce 660.

I just did a new build with this board but a smaller processor: i3-4330. Seems fine yet, but I don't seem to get anything out of the DisplayPort. I am using a adapter to DVI-D but the screen does not get recognized. I already tried all of the HD 4600 IGPlatformIDs but none did change that. Any ideas? The adapter worked fine with a Geforce 660.

Page 10 of the motherboard manual: * The DisplayPort does not support other types of display connections by adapter.

So does it work fine when connected directly to DVI-D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back