Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that this is somehow related to USBInjectAll.kext. When I use the USBPorts.kext and remove the USBInjectAll.kext I don't get thoses extra ports. I think I'm going to try to stick with the USBPorts.kext, hoping there won't be any problems. I think the reason I went with SSDT was to try to resolve my sleep issues. I've attached screens from IORegistryExplorer. This is what I have currently, using the USBPorts.kext.

Thanks for you help.

Attachments

• ioreg3.png
    ioreg3.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 243
  • ioreg2.png
    ioreg2.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 254
  • ioreg1.png
    ioreg1.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 237
USB 3.0 is not working on my build GA-Z270XP-SLI
Tried to follow the guide but there is no SSxx ports, only HSxx which is USB2.0. Help....

View attachment 435839View attachment 435840View attachment 435841View attachment 435842
Do not duplicate kexts in /L/E/ and .../other folders.

Check your motherboard's User manual "gray pages" (beginning of the manual) to determine if your USB 3 are on a different chipset than the Intel USB chipset. If all the USB 3 are on a different chipset, don't worry about them as they are not counted in the 15 port limit.

Do not duplicate kexts in /L/E/ and .../other folders.

Check your motherboard's User manual "gray pages" (beginning of the manual) to determine if your USB 3 are on a different chipset than the Intel USB chipset. If all the USB 3 are on a different chipset, don't worry about them as they are not counted in the 15 port limit.
Duplicates where removed

USB 3 Chipset+ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller
https://www.manual-hub.com/manuals/gigabyte-ga-z270xp-sli-01-pdf-manual

Please confirm if I'm on a right track....

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 20.32.39.pngScreenshot 2019-11-14 at 20.33.32.pngScreenshot 2019-11-14 at 20.34.33.pngScreenshot 2019-11-14 at 20.38.33.png

@moemedimrtn they look good. Let's get @UtterDisbelief to take a look as he just wrote a VG guide on USB port reduction.

Hi both,

Yes, you're on the right track with the latest :thumbup:

By removing those duplicates as @Stork recommended, the system is healthier now.

You have USBInjectAll.kext installed (only one version) and a port-limit removal patch that is working.

Now all you need to do is a port discovery procedure to see and decide which ports you need to keep to be within Apple's 15-port limit.

Work through my guide from Step 3) onwards.

You should be able to identify those ASMedia ports because they probably will not appear. They aren't on the Intel controller and do NOT feature in the 15-port limit. They are also not easily configurable. We can ignore them for now. Just mark them on your plan.

I predict one more small hiccup, but I'll bother you with that if you mention it!

:)

Last edited:
Hi both,

Yes, you're on the right track with the latest :thumbup:

By removing those duplicates as @Stork recommended, the system is healthier now.

You have USBInjectAll.kext installed (only one version) and a port-limit removal patch that is working.

Now all you need to do is a port discovery procedure to see and decide which ports you need to keep to be within Apple's 15-port limit.

Work through my guide from Step 3) onwards.

You should be able to identify those ASMedia ports because they probably will not appear. They aren't on the Intel controller and do NOT feature in the 15-port limit. They are also not easily configurable. We can ignore them for now. Just mark them on your plan.

I predict one more small hiccup, but I'll bother you with that if you mention it!

:)
Thanks...
i am using basic USB2.0 4GB USB and USB3.1 128GB USB-A/USB-C

What makes sense is the ports SS03 - SS04, SS7 - SS10 are USB3.0. Total 6 blue ports at the back panel.

I am concern about the Red Port and USB-C, Because they are not visible????
i wonder if they are USR1

The other thing is that my case has front X2 front USB2.0 ports, which is plugged on motherboard = HS13 and HS14. Total 2 ports
But, i see HS03 - HS04, HS7 - HS14 reflected to be USB2.0. Total 10 ports

I can't pin point HS11 - HS12?

BackPanel.pngScreenshot 2019-11-15 at 02.47.41.png

Last edited:
Hello! I have this configuration:
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3Hh (Intel HD 4600 graphics)​
Chipset Zz87, audio realtck AL892, Intel Gbs LAN chip​
Intel i7-4770K Haswell processor​
16GB 1600MHz Memory​
SSD SanDisk 120GB​
High Sierra​
I tried to upgrade to Catalina with native procedure (configuration is compatible?), but it stop and restart with High Sierra.
I look for solution in forum but no find resolution. (I have some problem to read English).

Please someone can help me explain the procedure and post procedure to set config.plist.

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi @Stork , thank you so much for this great guide.
I was able to get my USB ports mapped using the generated kext!

However, I've noticed that my system doesn't like it when I plug in an USB3 hub. The device plugs and un-plugs itself, as seen in the IOReg. This bogs down the system, and eventually crashes it.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Also...

For the life of me, I am not able to get ANY SSDT solutions to work - either from your guide, or any other guide I've followed. I'm really confused... I've made sure to check all of my ACPI patches, and placed the custom SSDTs in the "patched" folder... but they just wont do anything. This applies to other types of custom SSDTs as well.

Is there something else that needs to be done to ensure that they're being "read" by clover?

Thanks!

Hi!
Does anyone know if we can install Big Sur using this board/CPU? From filispqr comment looks like he is having issues with Catalina already... I'm currently at High Siera and have some apps complaining about lack of support :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back