Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's ASUS Test Build: Z97-A - i3-4340 - HD4600 - Thunderbolt EX II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's present also on H97M-Plus for example....i guess it's present on almost if not every 9 series mobo's

I think it's PRETTY FREAKIN' AWESOME on ASUS's part :clap: to include this switch in the BIOS.
They seem to be trying to sell more boards to Hackintoshers, since I'm not sure what (any?) purpose it would serve for Windows users.

@tonymacx86 any updates as far as how this build is running now that you've had it for a month? I'm highly considering this this mobo with integrated graphics but my main concern is stability

Stable build so far- besides 9 series chipset not being native yet in the OS, it's working great. I've not been using it as my main rig, but as a 9 series tester.

Stable build so far- besides 9 series chipset not being native yet in the OS, it's working great. I've not been using it as my main rig, but as a 9 series tester.

Thanks Tony. Do you think that support of 9 series will be integrated soon with yosemite or an updated version of mavericks?

Thanks Tony. Do you think that support of 9 series will be integrated soon with yosemite or an updated version of mavericks?

Likely, although there is no timetable for this, as it requires new Macs to be released.

Hi Tony
How different is the z97a from the deluxe?
my rig 4790k
asus z97 deluxe
8gb balistix
cosair cx750

I have updated my bios followed bot the unibeast and clover install and the screen stops at the "missing bluetooth controller" and goes to black. Need help please.

Hi Tony,

in the buyers guide you recommend the
GA-Z87MX-D3H .

Any reason I would take that one over this one? It's same price in my country

Thanks!

Hi Tony,

in the buyers guide you recommend the GA-Z87MX-D3H .

Any reason I would take that one over this one? It's same price in my country

Thanks!
With the 9-series motherboards, you'll be an early adopter and all that goes with it. Apple has yet to produce a product using the 9-series chipset.

If you're new to hackintoshing, they the Z87 motherboards will be easier to successfully install Mavericks. Be advised, though, to choose your memory from the motherboard verified memory list. PSU's need to be Haswell Certified or Ready. By not doing these two things, you will run into problems, like freezes and unscheduled shut downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back