Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's ASUS Test Build: Z97-A - i3-4340 - HD4600 - Thunderbolt EX II

Does anyone know if other ASUS Z97 boards would have in their BIOS the "CFG lock Disabled/Enabled switch" Tony mentioned? The board I'm mostly interested in is the Z97-Pro.

For those of you with any ASUS Z97 board, is this option present in the BIOS?

Thanks!

Motherboard
Z97-Pro (1304)
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Does anyone know if other ASUS Z97 boards would have in their BIOS the "CFG lock Disabled/Enabled switch" Tony mentioned? The board I'm mostly interested in is the Z97-Pro.

For those of you with any ASUS Z97 board, is this option present in the BIOS?

Thanks!
I can confirm that the Asus Z97-Pro board does have the CFG-lock option, that it is disabled by default, and that the MB works with the ThunderboltEX II card. I have checked with the Apple ethernet adapter and the Apple Thunderbolt Display. More details at >http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/139147-success-asus-z97-pro-i7-4790-intel-hd-4600-a.html< --- so-far, I have only been able to make the display work with the card connected externally to the MB's DisplayPort, I have not been able to daisy-chain Thunderbolt Displays, and there are a few other niggles.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H81
CPU
i3-4170
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's present also on H97M-Plus for example....i guess it's present on almost if not every 9 series mobo's

I think it's PRETTY FREAKIN' AWESOME on ASUS's part :clap: to include this switch in the BIOS.
They seem to be trying to sell more boards to Hackintoshers, since I'm not sure what (any?) purpose it would serve for Windows users.

Motherboard
Asus H97 Plus
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@tonymacx86 any updates as far as how this build is running now that you've had it for a month? I'm highly considering this this mobo with integrated graphics but my main concern is stability

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Core i3-7100
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Stable build so far- besides 9 series chipset not being native yet in the OS, it's working great. I've not been using it as my main rig, but as a 9 series tester.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 760
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Stable build so far- besides 9 series chipset not being native yet in the OS, it's working great. I've not been using it as my main rig, but as a 9 series tester.
Thanks Tony. Do you think that support of 9 series will be integrated soon with yosemite or an updated version of mavericks?

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Core i3-7100
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks Tony. Do you think that support of 9 series will be integrated soon with yosemite or an updated version of mavericks?
Likely, although there is no timetable for this, as it requires new Macs to be released.

Motherboard
ASUS z97 deluxe
CPU
Graphics
r9 280x
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Hi Tony
How different is the z97a from the deluxe?
my rig 4790k
asus z97 deluxe
8gb balistix
cosair cx750

I have updated my bios followed bot the unibeast and clover install and the screen stops at the "missing bluetooth controller" and goes to black. Need help please.