Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-P55M-UD2 - Core i5-750 - 9400 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: tonymacx86 Build - GA-P55M-UD2 - Core i5-750 - 8800 GT

Just updated this post- it's now got an 8800 GT instead of the fanless 9400 GT- I've stuck that in the new GA-H55N-USB3 Build- check it out here:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4802

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just wondering if the steps for this build have changed much since the last update? I am building a system with this MB, a Core i5-760, and a 1GB 9800GT from Gigabyte.

Twist said:
Just wondering if the steps for this build have changed much since the last update? I am building a system with this MB, a Core i5-760, and a 1GB 9800GT from Gigabyte.
Check out my Full Description link in my signature block. Should give you some insight as I patterned my system after Tony's Basic 1 configuration. I'll be happy to assist with your questions.

Short answer, no. This system goes through the standard iBoot-MultiBeast just fine. (Heed the warning of no more than 4GB of memory until after you get everything running/working.)

Can you list your whole build components, too. It will help us help you. TIA.

EDIT
: I just check to see if you posted your proposed build. You are going to use a P55-USB3 which is a slightly different motherboard than ours. Recommend you search the forum for user of this board to see if they had any problems. I don't think so, but it's best to do your research, first.

Actually like I said I am using the said motherboard as this post here. Using a Core i5-760, Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 988GT Silent Cell 1 GB GDDR3, Antec Earthwatts 750 PSU, 4 gig of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM, the same Sony Optiarc DVD-RW, and an OEM Hitachi 1TB SATA HD.

I've done the basic install from here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html installing only EasyBeast.

I haven't gotten around to figuring out the extra stuff not covered there yet though. What audio and network and graphics stuff do I need for this board and card?

First, Please update your signature block per FAQ #3. By doing this, you help us help you much better. TIA.

Are your Audio, Graphics and Network working?

I would recommend using the P55M-UD2 DSDT from the forum's database. (See Resources memu at the top of the page.) That's why they're there...to help you get everything running correctly.

Using the DSDT.aml file for your MB, delete your /Extra folder. Then rerun MultiBeast using the configurations as posted in the Post Your MultiBeast Configuration Screenshots. (I think there's a P55-UD3 config posted.) If not, then read the MultiBeast guide that came with MultiBeast. You should be good to go.

Sorry about the signature thing but I just got the final components today. I will try you suggestions and let you know how it goes.

I did like you said. Deleted the Extra folder and reran MultiBeast with the DSDT on my desktop and the settings from tonymacx86 post there (top post) and then ran the Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext installer and when I restart I get to the startup screen for OS X and the spinner starts spinning and then the display goes black. The entire system locks up and to restart I have to hit the switch on the PSU.

I restarted from scratch and I am getting the same thing after using this MultiBeast configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back