Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-P55M-UD2 - Core i5-750 - 9400 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonymacx86 Build - GA-P55M-UD2 - Core i5-750 - 8800 GT

I'm sorry to be reviving a relatively old thread but I cannot manage to get my sound working. I've done a clean install of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 today (same exact motherboard with F11 Bios) and I've downloaded the according DSDT.aml and ran Multibeast with the settings in the screenshot a couple of pages ago. Everything else works just fine.

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks a lot.

SOLUTION:
I solved it by deleting every .kext containing *HDA* from /System/Library/Extensions and then running Multibeast again with the same settings as before.

Hey guys. Sorry for refreshing this old thread but I've just buid this system for 10.6.8 which I really like and the system works great until I put them into sleep.

When I wake him up it works for a while and suddenly got kernel panic. I've tried many things I read a lot of post but can't find solution for this. Please help.

my system is: GA-P55M-UD2 - Core i5-760 - 9600 GT 512mb

You'd be better off posting your problem in the Snow Leopard Desktop Support forum section. IIRC, tonymacx86 doesn't have this system anymore or, if he does, he's running Mountain Lion or Mavericks.

You'd be better off posting your problem in the Snow Leopard Desktop Support forum section. IIRC, tonymacx86 doesn't have this system anymore or, if he does, he's running Mountain Lion or Mavericks.

Thanks Stork, I've just replicate the problem. I'm using 2x4gb of RAM when I take out one stick and leave just 4gb the kernel panic is gone. What do you think.

I'll try to read about 2x4gb RAM problems.

I know this is an old thread but my Dad recently passed away and I acquired a PC I built for him using this GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard, Core i5 760, and a GTX 260 video card and for some reason using the iBoot (non-Haswell or Ivy bridge version) and then my copy of Snow Leopard, it begins to boot, I get the logo with the spinner and after the DVD spins for a while, I lose video and the system just stops loading shortly after losing video.

I tried some of the different boot flags but they don't seem to help.

Any suggestions of things to try or clues as to what I am doing wrong???

Thanks

First, our condolences to you and your family on your Father's passing.

You didn't mention your connection type to your monitor. Make sure you're using DVI or HDMI as Apple's OS X doesn't support VGA.

First, our condolences to you and your family on your Father's passing.

You didn't mention your connection type to your monitor. Make sure you're using DVI or HDMI as Apple's OS X doesn't support VGA.

Thanks...

I'm using DVI on his 24" Dell Ultrasharp...

Is your BIOS set up per tonymacx86's Snow Leopard guide for Lynnfield systems?

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

If your BIOS is setup according with the guide, then check out the GTX 260 cards in the tonymacx86 Wiki to see if you can glean any info there.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database

Yes I went through it with a fine tooth comb. I had a hackintosh running before when I had a Core2 Quad w/ a GTX 285 then my drive died so I'm sure I got the settings correct since they are very similar.

I will poke around the graphics card database.

My prior hackintosh ran perfect practically out of the box with a similar graphics card so I'm curious why this one doesn't run similar. I know the architecture is different... Maybe I need to use another/older version of iBoot??

Yup... Looks like I need to figure out how to do this...

BFG GTX 260 - "Working in 64bit with iboot + nvenabler from multibeast"

But if I cant get to the installer screen, how am I supposed to run Multibeast???

Hmmmm Sounds like a chicken before the egg issue... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back