Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-H55N-USB3 - Core i3-530 (Mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
since about 2 weeks my hack runs perfectly with 10.7.1! audio, wlan, everything... BUT!

sometimes i got this nasty cmos reset error... i tried to get rid of it with the elliottforcelegacyrtc.kext and a patched dsdt, but nothing... it keeps coming back from time to time... any ideas?!

I have everything running, but it will not go to sleep. Startup/shutdown works fine, but when I try to put it in sleep mode it freezes and then reboots, never powers off the fans.

mikebw said:
Nice small build, but no Firewire? What would it take to get FW in a case this size? Are there really no mini-ITX motherboards with on board IEEE 1394?

i have looked around for something to answer this question and the answer unfortunately, no there is no option...like what your question is asking. there is however an option, there are usb-to-firewire adapters that are on ebay. i have ordered a couple of variations and will test on my macs to see if they are worth the effort...price, not a problem at $3.00 per. i will get back to the boards with my findings.

Folks:

I recently tried to do a fresh LION install using UniBeast and have lost sound. I use excatly same componets as Tony. Has any one tried LION and is HDMI audion working.

Any suggetsions help is appreciated.

ecclabs

Did you run MultiBeast v4.10 after the Lion install? Choose the ALCxxxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback. Don't reboot, yet. To make sleep/wake-up work infor pre Sandy Bridge systems, remove the following MultiBeast default kernel flag additions: GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes and darkwake=0 kernel flags from the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. Now, reboot.

Let me know if this works for your pre Sandy Bridge system.

Yes..I did exactly, but still no go.. I also observed CMOS and sleep issues.

No sure what else to check.

Ruh oh. Haven't changed anything in my rig in the last 2 months, all of a sudden this past week I've been getting random no notice shut downs. Be watching a movie or playing on facebook and all of a sudden my system shuts down. I have to unplug it and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds and then wait 10 seconds more before it'll let me turn it back on. Any suggestions on how to start troubleshooting?

hmm strange, after leaving the system off all day and just turning it back on now the fan is no longer running at full speed

though still stays around 60C while in windows 7 it runs at about 45C with more load, would like to find a way to get the OSX install to run as cool as then Windows install

this system is pretty sweet so far, all the things work

hardest part was finding someone who still had a mobo in stock

Hi!
were you able to solve this problem?
I have similar issues, that fan noises are going up high (no clue if its powersupply or processor fan though). If I boot into win7 the silverstone case stays calm...

thanks for your tips everyone

clinpath said:
mikebw said:
Nice small build, but no Firewire? What would it take to get FW in a case this size? Are there really no mini-ITX motherboards with on board IEEE 1394?

i have looked around for something to answer this question and the answer unfortunately, no there is no option...like what your question is asking. there is however an option, there are usb-to-firewire adapters that are on ebay. i have ordered a couple of variations and will test on my macs to see if they are worth the effort...price, not a problem at $3.00 per. i will get back to the boards with my findings.

did the usb-to-firewire adapters work?

k

Looks like the m/b is toast. Randomly shut down and now it won't even boot. It just powers up for a split sec (No POST even) and then shuts down for about 2 secs....then powers up for a split second....repeat, repeat.

So...looks like the m/b is going to be difficult to find - for a replacement. So, what other m/b could I substitute here? Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back