Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-H55N-USB3 - Core i3-530 (Mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
machuero said:
I replaced my 9400 with the Zotac 8400GS yesterday and upon bootup I got a black screen (no video) and yes that thing got so hot that I pulled it immediately! Good thing they only cost $32.99. I'm guessing my only hope now is to go with a cpu that has on board graphics support.
The Intel integrated graphics controller is not currently supported. So switching CPUs won't help.

MacMan said:
machuero said:
I replaced my 9400 with the Zotac 8400GS yesterday and upon bootup I got a black screen (no video) and yes that thing got so hot that I pulled it immediately! Good thing they only cost $32.99. I'm guessing my only hope now is to go with a cpu that has on board graphics support.
The Intel integrated graphics controller is not currently supported. So switching CPUs won't help.

Thanks :thumbup: I sure am glad that I read this before I went out today to get one. whew!

klische said:
uninc, you're not looking under H55N-USB3, you're looking under something else :p

Yep - silly . I figured it out . I've got the H55N running SAweeeeeetly. Thanks for the DSDT edits Tony.

I fit it all into an old Shuttle case i had to mod. Check it out. I fit a 5850OC in there!-barely. It all runs under 50º C under load. :headbang: :thumbup: :lol:

160mm Thermalright fan air intake; 120mm Scythe lopro over lopro Thermalright heatsink. 550 Arc.Cooling. PSU hangs above heatsink. 2 evercool 40mm fans b/w PSU and MB peripherals blow air out.

OH MODS!

Attachments

• 10172010227.jpg
    10172010227.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 429
Suitable "slimline" adapters are available from many ePay sellers from China or Hong Kong for about US$0.99 plus about the same for postage (air mail) to the US.

Here ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Slimline-SATA-Power ... 0644663261

... is one such adapter.

I bought five of them and I use these to allow slide-in/slide-out 3.5" HDs in the otherwise unused (and, for me, unusable) 3.5" multi card reader slot in my Shuttles. The extra-long cable is installed with one turn, as in a coil, and it will uncoil to during HD removal, and recoil during HD installation.

The HDs really don't need to be retained as gravity will usually do that, and removal and installation is made easier by affixing a tab made from 1" filament-type strapping tape.

If the HDs seem to be slipping and sliding a bit too much, apply the same tape to one or both sides of the drives.

guys im heading off tomorrow to buy a new MININAS build 6 HDDs in a case for a nas setup my question is from what i can see the Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 has the same chipset as the Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 so im guessing it will work as well only reason i ask is because it has more SATA ports and i need more :)

if anyone can let me know that would be ace thanks guys

Ryan

just had a look at both the boards the N seems to have the same specs as my x58a-ud3r board lan is the same and so is audio i think its a go ahead :)

Great build. Just built one last week, almost the same.
H55M-UD2H - i3-530. Great performance for the price.

I used an nVidia 210 instead. It is low profile and super cheap. It still drives 1080p no problem though.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_ge ... 10_us.html

Just wish I could find an itx case with no 5.25"-DVD bays as they are a waste of space.

Nice work tony.

Thanks for your hard work.

If anyone gets the integrated graphics working please let me know.

rabbit

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 700
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back