Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-H55N-USB3 - Core i3-530 (Mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will a GPU like the GT 210 fit in the Apex case recommended for this build?

Nice build man :headbang: I think I'm going to do something some what similar as an HTPC

Great for a mini desktop good and just what i was looking for.

Can anyone verify this works 100% with 10.7.4? Planning on copying this build sourcing used parts.

studiompd said:
Can anyone verify this works 100% with 10.7.4? Planning on copying this build sourcing used parts.

Any build that we've ever recommended here on the site has been Socket 1156 or later. These all have 64 bit CPUs, which are compatible.

tonymacx86 said:
studiompd said:

Any build that we've ever recommended here on the site has been Socket 1156 or later. These all have 64 bit CPUs, which are compatible.

Just want to make sure. I've read some posts that users have updated to newer versions of osx and some things no longer work. My memory may be incorrect but possibly audio, usb, sleep etc. breaking after an update.

So is it safe to assume, that any of your recommended builds are working solid up to the current version of osx?

studiompd said:
tonymacx86 said:
studiompd said:

Just want to make sure. I've read some posts that users have updated to newer versions of osx and some things no longer work. My memory may be incorrect but possibly audio, usb, sleep etc. breaking after an update.

So is it safe to assume, that any of your recommended builds are working solid up to the current version of osx?

Yes it is safe to assume that. :thumbup:

to all noobs this build is a great combo to get your feet wet on tonys procedures
with the recommended parts this setup is totally oob..and verry stable....
it runs 10.6.2(dvd) all the way to 10.8(unibeast or xmove)

mine has been verry stable for at least 1 year now and never panicked....highly recommended for noobs

note:this assumes u can even get these boards now lol

note:ALLWAYS!!!! backup your installs e.g. do an update tweek as necessary backup again.
clone working drive then move on to next update(reason always have a working osx boot drive to fall back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back