Register

Tony Wake Up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gani.slimshady said:
Oh! What would we do without you Tony! :crazy:

Spend alot of money buying real Macs :lol:

fixxxer2012 said:
Ill be waiting on purchasing lion until i know it will work. I have compatible hardware and couldnt even upgrade to 10.6.8. Is a clean install of lion recommended tony? What do us users do that couldnt even upgrade to 10.6.8? Ill be watching for a week or so to see how peoples installs go.

:p I can't upgrade to OSX 10.6.8 either... I've tried like 1000 times with EVERY guide on the internet o_O I think it's just me being impatient though... I think I'll try upgrading tomorrow when I have the whole day to play around with it

All I can say is THANK STEVE FOR TIMEMACHINE!!! LOL

Imma do my MBA tonight & Download Lion, see about putting it on Disk too =)

Admittedly I haven't read that link, but what I did for my Mac Pro was to restore the ESD to a separate partition, and booted from it. Worked like a charm.

Any clues how to get past the "This version of OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer"? I am stuck

Re: can old install method be used on lion DVD boot disk

When having created a LION boot DVD as described earlier, can we still use the 'old' install/upgrade method?

Fixed it! problem was I was running in 32 bit mode and it needed to be 64 bit. I changed <string>arch=i386</string> in com.apple.boot.plist to <string>arch=x86_64</string> and the the Lion app downloaded fine from the appstore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back