Contribute
Register

Toleda's audio_cloverALC-130_v0.1.command new fix to Realtek ALC 888b audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000+GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried Toleda's audio_cloverALC-130_v0.1.command (alpha) to fix audio in my GA-H61M-HD2 MoBo+Intel Celeron G1610+ATI Radeon 5450 Graphics when I installed macOS High Sierra on an old LiteON 256GB SSD from a Windows Laptop connected outside the case to a SATA Cable and SATA Power .

This time I did not use a macOS HighSierra USB Installer but went for directly installing the downloaded MacOS HighSierra on the LiteON SSD

After disconnecting the SATA disk where I have previously installed macOS HighSierra, I connected the new SSD to its Power and SATA cable pulled outside the case. This SSD has an old installation of Windows 10 on it.

• I made sure the macOS High Sierra Installer is still in the Applications folder of the Sierra 10.12.5 SATA disk.[Image]
  • I launched the terminal and ran diskutil list command to check the LiteOn SSD and my Sierra System disk.

• Then I launched Disk Uility and to erase the LiteOn SSD.
  • Initially I erased it using GUID Partition Map and MacOS Extended(Journaled) Format scheme.
  • I launched from Applications folder the previously downloaded macOS HighSierra installer
  • I agreed to the License to use the installer
  • Initially only the macSSierra System disk is displayed.
  • To locate my target disk (macOSHighSierra) , I had to click the "Show all Disks" option.
  • Since it was an SSD I was prompted to upgrade the file format to APFS.
  • I selected APFS Upgrade
  • The installation started
  • It rebooted once and the second time , It was not showing up in the Clover Boot Boot Manager , even if I selected the partially installed disk through F-12 .
  • Only my Sierra System disk and its Recovery HD will show up in Clover Boot Manager Screen.

• After a couple of failed trials with reformat using APFS upgrade, finally I decided to reformat it as MacOS Extended (Journaled) and did not choose the prompt to Upgrade.

• This time it booted properly on the second round and I could install it.

• I then installed Clover EFI bootloader 4097 downloaded from the Net as UEFI Mode .
  • I booted again with the macOS Sierra System as the first boot to get to Clover Boot Manger and then used the previous Boot flags.
  • Once back on the Desktop, I used CCV-V and mounted the EFI of High Sierra disk.
  • I added FakeSMC and my RTL Ethernet Kext in "kexts>Other"
  • I edited the config.plist like I have done on MacOS Sierra and prior installation of High Sierra.
  • I rebooted the System and this time I chose the HighSierra at F12 boot menu to enter Clover Boot Manager.
  • Once back on Desktop, I downloaded Toleda's audio_cloverALC-130_v0.1.command (alpha)zip and launched Terminal and dragged and dropped the command.
  • On reboot I got the audio.
Problems:
Preview can display images but crashes on editing.
Not tested Face Time and Messages

Attachments

• 1.macOSSierraInstaller in Applications Folder.png
    1.macOSSierraInstaller in Applications Folder.png
    459.3 KB · Views: 420
  • 2.diskutil list cmd output .png
    2.diskutil list cmd output .png
    57.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 3.Lite on for Erasing in DU as GUID+ MacOS Extended (Journaled).png
    3.Lite on for Erasing in DU as GUID+ MacOS Extended (Journaled).png
    148.3 KB · Views: 444
  • 4.macOS High Sierra launched_Select Target disk.png
    4.macOS High Sierra launched_Select Target disk.png
    137 KB · Views: 464
  • 5.Sierrasgtdsk and macOSsierra Target dsk.png
    5.Sierrasgtdsk and macOSsierra Target dsk.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 406
  • 6.Prompting to upgrde Upgrade to AFPS[√].png
    6.Prompting to upgrde Upgrade to AFPS[√].png
    124.9 KB · Views: 412
  • 7.APFS upgrade selected.png
    7.APFS upgrade selected.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 8.License agreement.png
    8.License agreement.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 404
  • 9.macOS High Sierra Installation began.png
    9.macOS High Sierra Installation began.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 406
I then installed Clover EFI bootloader 4097 downloaded from the Net as UEFI Mode
Do this before you start installing and install apfs.efi to /efi/clover/drivers64uefi.
I edited the config.plist like I have done on MacOS Sierra and prior installation of High Sierra.
In config.plist remove SMBIOS->BiosVersion and SMBIOS->BiosReleaseDate if present
I added FakeSMC and my RTL Ethernet Kext in "kexts>Other"
Ensure FakeSMC is latest version.
After a couple of failed trials with reformat using APFS upgrade, finally I decided to reformat it as MacOS Extended (Journaled) and did not choose the prompt to Upgrade.
Should work ok with the above steps.

Do this before you start installing and install apfs.efi to /efi/clover/drivers64uefi.

In config.plist remove SMBIOS->BiosVersion and SMBIOS->BiosReleaseDate if present

Ensure FakeSMC is latest version.

Should work ok with the above steps.

Thank you for your input; I appreciate your suggestions.
Unfortunately the trial failed. Here is what I did in brief:
  • I reformatted the SSD
  • Started with CLOVER EFI 4097 installation ,
  • apfs.efi harvesting from the HighSierra Beta Installer and
  • Installation of apfs.efi into CLOVER_drivers64UEFI folder
  • Re-downloading from Tonymac, FAKESMC.kext to kexts>Other
  • Editing SMBIOS ROM BIOS Version and Release Date as suggested.
  • Like before, post installation second reboot ended witha CLOVER Boot Manager Screen showing only my Sierra and its Recovery HD; High Sierra was missing!
Since I was doing a trial with SSD I took numerous images through out the installation to document all the various stages.
Relevant images are uploaded to clarify the above message.
Thank you once again for your interest and efforts on the topic.

Attachments

• 1A.apfs.efi to drivers64UEFI.png
    1A.apfs.efi to drivers64UEFI.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 1B.FakeSMC.kext Ver6-21-311-g2958f55.1723 to kexts_Other.png
    1B.FakeSMC.kext Ver6-21-311-g2958f55.1723 to kexts_Other.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 1C.macOS High Sierra BetaTo SSD with Clover_apf.efi.png
    1C.macOS High Sierra BetaTo SSD with Clover_apf.efi.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 2. Agree To LicenseScreen Shot 2017-07-06 at 9.04.29 AM.png
    2. Agree To LicenseScreen Shot 2017-07-06 at 9.04.29 AM.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 3.Show All Disks.png
    3.Show All Disks.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 4.Sierra SystemDisk HighSierra Target disk and its EFI.png
    4.Sierra SystemDisk HighSierra Target disk and its EFI.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 5.macOS High Sierra  to macOSHighSierra SSD.png
    5.macOS High Sierra to macOSHighSierra SSD.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 6.Upgradeto APFS √.png
    6.Upgradeto APFS √.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 7.Installation as admin signed.png
    7.Installation as admin signed.png
    366.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 8.Installation Started .png
    8.Installation Started .png
    119.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 9.Installation in Progress.....png
    9.Installation in Progress.....png
    107.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 10.First Reboot after installation began.png
    10.First Reboot after installation began.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 11.Clover Boot Manager Screen after First reboot.png
    11.Clover Boot Manager Screen after First reboot.png
    524.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 12.HighSierra _Options_Boot Args.png
    12.HighSierra _Options_Boot Args.png
    740.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 13.SMBIOS_ROM Version _Alphanumeric string-ROM Release Date.png
    13.SMBIOS_ROM Version _Alphanumeric string-ROM Release Date.png
    767.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 14. Edited and removedSMBIOS_ROM Version _Alphanumeric string-ROM Release Date.png
    14. Edited and removedSMBIOS_ROM Version _Alphanumeric string-ROM Release Date.png
    794.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 15. High Sierra in Clover Boot Manager after First boot from Installation.png
    15. High Sierra in Clover Boot Manager after First boot from Installation.png
    535.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 16.End of Installation and reboot.png
    16.End of Installation and reboot.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 311
  • 17.HighSierra Missing in CBM Screen after second reboot.png
    17.HighSierra Missing in CBM Screen after second reboot.png
    2 MB · Views: 210
So Clover sees the drive after the first reboot (this is when the firmware update would run on a real mac), installation is started then after a second reboot Clover doesn't see the drive anymore. Not sure if clearing the SMBIOS values from the options menu will use the default values, or empty values. There is also FirmwareFeatures that has changed. You might try with these
Code:
BiosVersion: IM142.88Z.0119.B01.1706261827
BiosReleaseDate: 06/26/2017
FirmwareFeatures: 0xe007e137
Really there is not much need for those values to be in your config plist (there was for a while when the APFS firmwares first came out but Clover has been updated now). All you normally need is the product name and the values unique to your machine, serial number etc.

So Clover sees the drive after the first reboot (this is when the firmware update would run on a real mac), installation is started then after a second reboot Clover doesn't see the drive anymore. Not sure if clearing the SMBIOS values from the options menu will use the default values, or empty values. There is also FirmwareFeatures that has changed. You might try with these
Code:
BiosVersion: IM142.88Z.0119.B01.1706261827
BiosReleaseDate: 06/26/2017
FirmwareFeatures: 0xe007e137
Really there is not much need for those values to be in your config plist (there was for a while when the APFS firmwares first came out but Clover has been updated now). All you normally need is the product name and the values unique to your machine, serial number etc.
I might try the BIOS version , Release date and FirmwareFeatures you have indicated in my next trial.

I am wondering whether the Firmware of the SSD I am using could be a factor for not accepting installation using APFS .

This disk has no problem to install the system using macOS Extended (Journaled) File Format in GUID Partition Map scheme.

Details of LiteOn SSD 256GB:
Model:LcS:256M6S
Manufactured :Nov 2013. [See image]

I took it out of my Asus Laptop (Windows 10) to test SSD in APFS for Hackintosh macOS High Sierra as a direct Installation through currently running macOS Sierra in SATA Mechanical drive. . I did not have a newer spare SSD to test run High Sierra Beta and 'borrowed' this disk from Laptop.:)

Attachments

• LiteON SSD256GB Manufatured Nov2013.png
    LiteON SSD256GB Manufatured Nov2013.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back