RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm unable to identify cause, standard useless hang in verbose mode iostatelock or whatever that message is. Yes I've already checked nvidia driver. I've updated enough times to know how to deal with that. It's something new. New to todays security update that broke some unknown componant and I don't know where to start. Normally security updates don't, but the last few security updates have been quite large and mess with things that aren't well documented. They seem to be back porting other stuff into them basically from 10.14.x, likely because it's required to make the security changes functional.

I'm currently booting from my cloned backup from few weeks ago. I knew I should have refreshed clone, but i generally do that for major updates, not security updates. Guess I need to start doing that for security updates.

Update, it seems to be tied to IGPU, I had to disable it in bios to make system bootable. Something in 10.13.6 build 17G8029 makes it no longer cleanly accept a proper IGPU injection from whatevergreen

Update 2. I was able to boot with IGPU re-enabled but with the enableframebufferpatch removed from from devices/properties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back