Graphics
Unknown
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I'm very inexperienced with all this, so please bare with me if this really basic/stupid question! I have checked and double checked various guides, but can't seem to work it out.

Basically, I've managed to get Mountain Lion working with Unibeast on my Customac, but there is no sound or Ethernet functionality.

So, I'm assuming i have to use Multibeast to sort this? I'm using a GA-H77-DS3H mobo, which i think I'm right in saying wouldn't require a DSDT file?

I guess my question is, if the above is correct, is the Multibeast installation the same as Unibeast? In otherwords- do I instal Multibeast on the same USB drive that i've got unibeast on, using the same method with disk utility and another copy of Mountain Lion? Or do i need a separate USB drive?

As i said, I'm probably missing something really obvious somewhere, but help would be appreciated :)

Hello, I'm very inexperienced with all this, so please bare with me if this really basic/stupid question! I have checked and double checked various guides, but can't seem to work it out.

Basically, I've managed to get Mountain Lion working with Unibeast on my Customac, but there is no sound or Ethernet functionality.

So, I'm assuming i have to use Multibeast to sort this? I'm using a GA-H77-DS3H mobo, which i think I'm right in saying wouldn't require a DSDT file?

I guess my question is, if the above is correct, is the Multibeast installation the same as Unibeast? In otherwords- do I instal Multibeast on the same USB drive that i've got unibeast on, using the same method with disk utility and another copy of Mountain Lion? Or do i need a separate USB drive?

As i said, I'm probably missing something really obvious somewhere, but help would be appreciated :)
Yes, you need to run MB from your new installation. You are also correct, you don't need a DSDT.aml since the D53H has UEFI. But you do need to make some tweaks using MB for the audio and ethernet. For audio select the 887 without DSDT, and for the ethernet select Atheros. Would also suggest you add the SSDT tweak and hardware monitors, but these are not necessary.

Thanks for that ghorwith. Will give it a go!

Yes, you need to run MB from your new installation. You are also correct, you don't need a DSDT.aml since the D53H has UEFI. But you do need to make some tweaks using MB for the audio and ethernet. For audio select the 887 without DSDT, and for the ethernet select Atheros. Would also suggest you add the SSDT tweak and hardware monitors, but these are not necessary.

Thanks ghorwith, will give it a go!

That all worked really well thanks! Unsure about 'hardware monitors' though. Do you mean as in on board graphics? If so it might explain the screen flicker I'm getting sometimes. Couldn't quite work out what driver to instal from MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back