Contribute
Register

To build...or not to build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got a MacBook for the primary computer. Would it do if I made a Time Machine backup and then restored it onto the new PC? Wouldn’t that mess up the drivers and hacks installed?
Yes.

However, if you cloned the MacBook drive, put it in the Hack and then installed Sierra over the top of it (without formatting) then all of the apps and data on it would remain intact.

Yes.

However, if you cloned the MacBook drive, put it in the Hack and then installed Sierra over the top of it (without formatting) then all of the apps and data on it would remain intact.

Sorry, but I can’t quite follow you. The Sierra is already there, I just want to transfer the contents of my current Mac (also running Sierra) to it by restoring from a TM backup.

P.S. Do you also happen to know how to check if the CPU power states are operational?

Sorry, but I can’t quite follow you. The Sierra is already there, I just want to transfer the contents of my current Mac (also running Sierra) to it by restoring from a TM backup.
I understood the question, unfortunately you don't understand the answer - It will become clearer as you gain experience.

P.S. Do you also happen to know how to check if the CPU power states are operational?
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

Would really appreciate some advice on finding a proper wireless card to get Continuity/Handoff, though ;) I could then compile this thread into a mini-guide for getting a fully operational system on similar configs.

I understood the question, unfortunately you don't understand the answer - It will become clearer as you gain experience.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/
Would really appreciate some advice on finding a proper wireless card to get Continuity/Handoff, though ;) I could then compile this thread into a mini-guide for getting a fully operational system on similar configs.

Have just ordered this card - ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 BCM94360CD. Won it on eBay for about 25 euros. Will let you know when I've tested it.

P.S. Alas, Sleep doesn't work - the computer seemingly shuts down and even wakes up upon touching the keyboard, albeit the screen stays dark until the machine's rebooted. Could you please illuminate me as to how to change that darkwake parameter to 0? They say it helps a lot. FaceTime and iMessage are also acting up, I can't call or text anyone due to the corresponding buttons being greyed out. The features seem to have been activated, though.

P.S. Apart from the above-mentioned hiccoughs, the system appears to be fully operational - including CPU stepping. Great value for its price :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back