Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just got TL-WN851N working is SL 10.6.8 on a core 2 duo really well by just adding the string 168c,29 in the ATHEROS21.kext plist. If i do the same on a i5 or i7 it works for a short time and then KP's or freezes. Question is will the TL-WN951N do the same? Can someone verify that TL-WN951N really works in Lion for i5's and i7's processors :?:

It is sad for me to post that the TL-WN951N does not work with multi core processors. It is recognized right away by Lion and it shows as an airport card but as soon as it gets some activity from the internet it causes the system to freeze. It is so close to running that it is a shame to let go but I have no idea on how to fix it. It does work with single core processors SL. Do not know about Lion but probably does. :thumbdown:

I have the same TL-WN851N wireless adapter, and until now it doesn't work, even doesn't recognized. How to "adding the string 168c,29 in the ATHEROS21.kext plist" ? Thanks.

Ok, this card have a problem with core i3/i5/i7 works but you must boot with cpus=1 option. With the lost of perfonmance associated.

Just got TL-WN851N working is SL 10.6.8 on a core 2 duo really well by just adding the string 168c,29 in the ATHEROS21.kext plist. If i do the same on a i5 or i7 it works for a short time and then KP's or freezes. Question is will the TL-WN951N do the same? Can someone verify that TL-WN951N really works in Lion for i5's and i7's processors :?:

This is the recommended TP Link card from the buyer's guide:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GMPZ0A/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back