1. iOS
Enjoy :lol:

TL-WN781ND

tl-wn781n_obrazek2__99167_zoom.jpg

- suport AirDrop

10.7.x Yes
10.8.x Yes

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833704059

TP-LINK TL-WN781ND Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Express Up to 150Mbps Wireless Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP, WPA, WPA2

Kext
http://www.crocko.com/027F0C432E3149FF9 ... y.kext.zip

I bought an ASUS PCE-N15, because the N13 wasn't available. A very foolish thing to do, didn't work! The retailer is ready to swap it with a TP-WN781ND. So I'm gonna do that soon & use this kext. Will post an update soon on how it works.

Thanks! :)

musicreator said:
I bought an ASUS PCE-N15, because the N13 wasn't available. A very foolish thing to do, didn't work! The retailer is ready to swap it with a TP-WN781ND. So I'm gonna do that soon & use this kext. Will post an update soon on how it works.

Thanks! :)

later results

jpa said:
Enjoy :lol:

TL-WN781ND

tl-wn781n_obrazek2__99167_zoom.jpg

- suport AirDrop

10.7.x Yes
10.8.x Yes

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833704059

TP-LINK TL-WN781ND Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Express Up to 150Mbps Wireless Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP, WPA, WPA2

Kext
http://www.crocko.com/027F0C432E3149FF9 ... y.kext.zip

Just bought this card today and installed the kext.
Works like a charm! :clap: thanks!
Haven't tried airdrop yet, but I don't use it anyway.
But yea, i connected my samsung android using kies utility
and it works well. Significantly faster than my 08 iMac! :)

Obvious Answer Man said:
Using a third party kext for wireless is just silly. Especially when cards work right out of the box without any additional kexts such as this:
Making my own airport card was my first choice. But had no luck finding broadcom chipsets here in Bombay, and the same with all other compatible cards listed on the wiki page, and also the one you suggested :(
So this was my only option, and it has come about wayyyy cheaper!
Importing components & making the card = 4000 rupees
This card = 900 rupees ;)
And I don't mind installing just one kext after an OS update.

But thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Cheers! :)

Hi,

Thanks for posting this kext. It seems to be exactly what I need, but unfortunately I can't get it to work. I have this card connected to an Asrock extreme 6, running 10.7.4.

I have tried a few kexts for this card and none work. I have tried several kext installers, and the card works in windows on the same machine.

I am desperate to get this to work! Any tips or help would be greaty appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for linking me to this thread, but I am a totally noob and STILL don't see where I need to put my PNPID in the kext...please help?

I saw some people have a problem with this card:
That said that they could get the card work natively, but they couldn't find any wifi connection on their mac.

Anyway, this card hasn't available in Taiwan!!!!! Orz

tcollier said:
Thanks for linking me to this thread, but I am a totally noob and STILL don't see where I need to put my PNPID in the kext...please help?

Hi Mate,

I was looking for the same thing, but I think it is already in there. Based on other guides I was looking for somthing like
<device id>....</device id> so i could add <string>002b168c</string> but in that kext there is a section near the bottom:

<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci168c,2b</string> <-002b168c reversed and without the 0's
<string>pci168c,2a</string>
</array>

I hope that helps.

I still cant get this to work and I would loooove some help!

Can anyone tell me if my kext for some reason was not installed correctly, if i looked at the system profiler should I still see something under PCI devices? right now it says there is nothing connected, is that an indication that the problem with with my MB pice slots (asrock extreme 6 p67) and not with the kext/card?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back