Contribute
Register

TL-WDN4800 not recognized in Mt.Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doh! Changing my airport extreme to use channel 48 instead of 148 did the trick! Thanks for the tip!!

After fiddling around with this for a while i thought i would post my findings...

I have a netgear router that i have flashed DD-WRT onto. The netgear has two wireless interfaces so i could use one to configure the other. DDWRT gives me way more configurables than the normal netgear UI and it meant i was able to fine tune the best solution for the TL-WDN4800.

Im running Yosemite btw and not ML

so using DDRWT on the 2.4/5ghz interface i have set the following and it gives me the best response:
- - - - - - - - - - -
Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: N-Only (5ghz)
Wireless Channel: 64 - 5.320ghz
Channel Width: 40Mhz
Extension channel: Upper
- - - - - - - - - - -

the TL-WDN4800 doesnt respond to all channels/freqs but it will recognise these ones. So if you are struggling to get your TL-WDN4800 working maybe try flashing ddwrt and get yourself a bit more control of the situation because 'out of the box' doesnt apply to everyone using the TL-WDN4800 (by the sounds of things).

UPDATE FOR EL CAPITAN

again ive been through countless settings... some just dont work at all in el crapitan that worked fine in yosemite! no idea why but here are the best settings for me.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: N-Only (5ghz)
Wireless Channel: 44 - 5.220ghz
Channel Width: 40Mhz
Extension channel: lower
- - - - - - - - - - -

Using this same card and i can't get it to pick up any networks running OS X el cap, i can see the wifi icon just doesn't show any wifi networks. Anyone having any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back