Contribute
Register

TL-WDN4800 not recognized in Mt.Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
my TP-Link4800 is not working in ML either. In network Prefs it shows up as a PCI modem. anyone have any troubleshooting ideas? i have never played around with wifi on hackintoshes yet so I am pretty clueless at this point.

My TL-WDN4800 shows up as a wireless device and it gets a mac address but it doesn't "see" any of my networks. It can create a wirless network that my phone can connect to but it just won't connect to a home wireless... Any ideas?

This same story is also true with the DWA-556.

I've tested two PCIe 802.11n cards that work out of the box in Lion and Mountain Lion.

D-Link DWA-556, Ver. A1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127218

TP-LINK WDN4800 Ver. 1.0
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704133

I switched to the TP-LINK to use the 5GHz band on my Apple Airport Extreme 5th Gen. However, it only connects on 2.4GHz.

Then I saw that the TP-LINK only supported up to channel 64, while the Airport uses channel 149 by default. Manually setting the Airport to use channel 36 on 5GHz got it working.

Code:
en1:
  Card Type:		AirPort Extreme  (0x168C, 0x3112)
  Firmware Version:	Atheros 9380: 4.0.70.23-P2P
  MAC Address:		[I]xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx[/I]
  Locale:		Unknown
  Country Code:	
  Supported Channels:	1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64
  Wake On Wireless:	Supported
  AirDrop:		Supported
  Current Network Information:
	PHY Mode:	802.11n
	BSSID:		[I]yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy[/I]
	Channel:	36,-1
	Country Code:	
	Network Type:	Infrastructure
	Security:	WPA2 Personal
	Signal / Noise:	-34 dBm / -92 dBm
	Transmit Rate:	450
	MCS Index:	23

Hey buddy, how were you able to manually edit the settings? I don't seem able to!

Thanks

Hey buddy, how were you able to manually edit the settings? I don't seem able to!

Thanks

Thanks mapato for the hint. Saved my ass here as I was in the exact same boat as you were. Went from a D-LINK DWA 556 to the TP-Link and now I can bath in 64Mbit glory over 5GHz 802.11n :)

@thomasboleyn
Open Airport Utility. Select your Airport Extreme Base Station. Edit -> Wireless -> Wireless Options... -> 5GHz Channel Menu. With another router you would have to find your way around or have a look into the manual.

Best
saschamt

hi

this card work perfect in mountain lion just attached you device id to info.plist of AirportAtheros40.kext update your system cache with kext utility Restart that 's all ...

Can you please explain this more thoroughly? I'm having the same issue and need guidance.

I switched to the TP-LINK to use the 5GHz band on my Apple Airport Extreme 5th Gen. However, it only connects on 2.4GHz.

Then I saw that the TP-LINK only supported up to channel 64, while the Airport uses channel 149 by default. Manually setting the Airport to use channel 36 on 5GHz got it working.

Code:
en1:
  Country Code:	
  Supported Channels:	1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64
	Country Code:	
Hey! Thanks for posting this! I was starting to wonder why it would not see the 5G band.
I have Linux and windows on other partitions of this same computer and they both see and use the 5G just fine on channel 161.
I changed my router channel to 48 and BAM!!
5G appears!!!

Sometimes the answer is right in front of you and it gets overlooked..

Thanks again for posting that!

Guys you all have Apple Airport Extreme Router or other brands? I have netmaster router. But my connection so slow! A specially when I download something! I looked to network utility and link speed is 65Mbits. I want to try your tricks I cant see my router in Aiport Utility. Im just use wireless no ethernet. How can I fix this problem...

Code:
en1:
  Country Code:	
	Country Code:	

Thanks, this does work to allow 5Ghz channels, but all of the normal USA 5Ghz channels work on Windows and are officially supported per the TL-WDN4800 specs: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WDN4800#spec

In the mean time I have changed my time capsule to use one of the lower channels, but does anyone know how to enable all the regular 5GHz channels in OS X?

Similar to this: http://jeff-with-a-g.blogspot.com/2012/04/5ghz-wifi-on-your-mac-got-you-down.html
I noticed that in the console messages, every time wifi connects it says, "unknown location" and then gives the "supported channels" that are the same as the quote above. My macbook doesn't have any trouble with any of the 5Ghz channels. You guys have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back