Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings,

I finally finished setting up my hackintosh via many of the guides on this website. After days of troubleshooting and beating down different issues, there is now one issue that I cannot seem to resolve:

My download speeds using this WiFi card are hovering around 150 KBps, whereas they are usually 2MBps+ on all of my other wireless devices.

I am running Maverick. The motherboard I am using is a Z87-D3HP. When running multibeast I installed the AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d network driver. My processor is an Intel i7 4770k.

I have full signal strength, my antennas are pointing towards the router (not immediately blocked by desk or anything) and my Windows 7 Laptop right next to it is getting normal speeds.

After reading around the forums I have tried changing my channels, I've tried channels 36-48 with the same results. I disabled by 2.4GHz signal entirely to make sure it is connecting to the 5GHz signal, but the issue persists. Upload speeds are faster than download speeds, which is odd.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Zodd

EDIT: I've since tried reverting to the Mountain Lion ktext, did not help at all.

I then decided to try the following:

"I added a few DNS servers, renewed my DHCP a few times, deleted bypass proxy settings (not sure why there was anything there) and switched my MTU to 1453, then back to automatic (1500). And it's working perfectly."

I am not getting 8Mbps, which is much better than 2Mbps, but still about half the speed of my Windows 7 laptop... I will continue to sift through threads :banghead:

SOLUTION: Updated my routers firmware. I was using Linksys E4200 router with Version 1 factory firmware. Updated to latest firmware and I'm getting 14Mbps! Still not AS fast, but only 2Mbps difference, so I'll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back